• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Dedhed

Dedhed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Even with FOV set at max I feel like I'm right up against the windshield in cockpits. It gives a much better perspective on distances outside, but not inside the mechs.

I would very much like to have a perspective from within the cockpit that feels more like I'm surrounded by the mech, rather than with just a dashboard and windshield in front of me. Set back a bit, y'know. There may be a setting in the files to change for that (maybe some kind of warping effect), but I don't know of one.

Kamikaze: I've wanted to slam my mech into others' since I started playing Hawken and think this would be a good way to do so. I'd like to see an item that enables a short, hard boost in the direction the mech is facing, at angles up and downward as well as horizontally.

Naturally, any pilot using said item would probably want a failsafe internal. The damage could be based on mech size similar to crushing damage with distance and/or speed based on same.

"One day I will leave this world and dream myself to reality" -- Chief Crazy Horse

"Love is the Law, Love under Will" -- Aleister Crowley

"This is like talking to breakfast cereal" -- Otherland

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Essentially melee, and essentially no. 

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Thanks to Badtings for this awesome banner!

KilleR_OrigiNs

KilleR_OrigiNs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Redacted.

Edited by KilleR_OrigiNs, 30 April 2015 - 09:59 PM.

(Unknown)1590d2c747fabd

(Unknown)1590d2c747fabd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

I am pretty sure if you "fall" on another mech it does damage (and gives you an the "Crushed" Service Awards).

The reason I say this is simply to point out that a version of the "melee damage" concept exists in the game already. (For better or for worse.)

A little link from the "old days" because it seems I lost all my street cred with the forum reboot:

http://hawken.mirror...primary-weapon/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users