Photo

A couple of details (intro screen and achievements).

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Liederkranz

Liederkranz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

I was thinking, now that Reloaded owns the Hawken project, it would be a good idea to remove the Adhesive logo of the intro sequence. It's something that has absolutely no impact on gameplay but I think it should be changed.

Another thing that would be good is that the in-game achievements get trasnfered to the Steam account so that they're visible there. Again, some little detail that doesn't add up to gameplay but to the personal shelf of trophies.

• Miscellaneous, Zdragow, MomOw and 5 others like this

Cybrex: Predators hunt from above.

MessyBopzz: like jesus?

Cybrex: Better than jesus

xaW8OWj.png

HWGNjmo.png  LUAERYM.png  KVKGZ2j.png  nCDGAWz.png  HWGNjmo.png

Volgraza

Volgraza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

^this

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

I already removed all the intro movies by myself. I am able to play the game 1 second after I doubleclick the icon.

• Rchive and CraftyDus like this

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

Liederkranz

Liederkranz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

I already removed all the intro movies by myself. I am able to play the game 1 second after I doubleclick the icon.

Yeah, I also configured the launcher to log me in automatically to speed up the process but I was talking in a more general way. The intro should reflect the dev team actually working on the game.

• EM1O, Rchive and SOD_CyberTormentor like this

xaW8OWj.png

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Yeah, I also configured the launcher to log me in automatically to speed up the process but I was talking in a more general way. The intro should reflect the dev team actually working on the game.

Yes, that's true.

A side note, ADH doesn't exist anymore. No homepage, no adress, nothing.

• Liederkranz likes this

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Also, is the term "Meteor Credits" still viable? I feel like that should be adjusted, unless I'm missing something.

• Rchive likes this

cUB1aCW.jpg?2

Liederkranz

Liederkranz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Also, is the term "Meteor Credits" still viable? I feel like that should be adjusted, unless I'm missing something.

Sounds logic, I didn't notice that! Perhaps because Meteor was the publisher. Now that you mention it, that should be removed too and the MC should be renamed to something else. Reloaded Credits perhaps?

• Rchive likes this

xaW8OWj.png

KilleR_OrigiNs

KilleR_OrigiNs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Redacted.

Edited by KilleR_OrigiNs, 30 April 2015 - 09:58 PM.

• Rchive likes this

BaronSaturday

BaronSaturday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
I'm gonna leave this here.

https://community.pl...s/?fromsearch=1

Technician | Fear the Beam | Support
Welcome to the End of Days
KHCwt3J.png
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]
Smoke this!

Liederkranz

Liederkranz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Because, that takes work, work takes energy, and energy take sleep/food, which at this point I don't think Reloaded has had either since they started.

I'm not demanding it, it's just an suggestion / idea as the title of the subforum claims. :P

It obviously demands work, I'm just throwing feedback on something I didn't see mentioned anywhere else.

Edit:

I'm gonna leave this here.

https://community.pl...s/?fromsearch=1

OMG SaturdayGhede, I didn't see that thread! :O Thanks!

Edited by Liederkranz, 23 April 2015 - 12:53 PM.

xaW8OWj.png

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

As I proposed earlier elsewhere, changing MC to PC (Phoenix Credits)

Caveat:

Transferring data specifically to Steam and not solely within Hawken proper is not viable. Steam is the app that claims there are 900+ players logged in (not necessarily playing), when herokuapp correctly shows 483 logged into Hawken, in game. Using Steam as a data collection and display engine for Hawken would pose the risk of similar biased or misrepresentation/data corruption.

I have around 900 hours in the game total, if you add all my accounts together, and only about 3.9 hours logged on Steam this month. Steam is so incredibly screwed up it claims I have 749 hours in Hawken EM1O account alone, since Feb 2014 (Hawken game EM1O Garage Career page lists 418 hours, MajyckToad 266, since Dec 2012).

You don't need to have Steam sucking resources in the background to run the game, only for occasional or rare updates, and monetary transactions. It's tremendously faster loading up Hawken without it, so Steam rarely sees my desktop. I have 2 other games I've loaded using Steam this month, less than 2 hours between them.

This tells me using Steam for anything other than social media, propaganda, or advertising/game access expediting for new users would be foolhardy.

TL/DR: A. Don't trust Steam with anything.  B. Steam is an ad-infested kludge, and seldom needed.  C. A+B=many players may never see your Achievements, and if ReLoaded divests Steam, you'll likely lose them forever.

I understand and fully support your idea of wanting a place for folks to hang their mounted trophies, but I would prefer to keep it in-house (Hawken Community would be a great place), and not at a revenue-gouging third party contractor's website.

Edited by em1o, 23 April 2015 - 04:37 PM.

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

Liederkranz

Liederkranz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

As I proposed earlier elsewhere, changing MC to PC (Phoenix Credits)

Caveat:

Transferring data specifically to Steam and not solely within Hawken proper is not viable. Steam is the app that claims there are 900+ players logged in (not necessarily playing), when herokuapp correctly shows 483 logged into Hawken, in game. Using Steam as a data collection and display engine for Hawken would pose the risk of similar biased or misrepresentation/data corruption.

I have around 900 hours in the game total, if you add all my accounts together, and only about 3.9 hours logged on Steam this month. Steam is so incredibly screwed up it claims I have 749 hours in Hawken EM1O account alone, since Feb 2014 (Hawken game EM1O Garage Career page lists 418 hours, MajyckToad 266, since Dec 2012).

You don't need to have Steam sucking resources in the background to run the game, only for occasional or rare updates, and monetary transactions. It's tremendously faster loading up Hawken without it, so Steam rarely sees my desktop. I have 2 other games I've loaded using Steam this month, less than 2 hours between them.

This tells me using Steam for anything other than social media, propaganda, or advertising/game access expediting for new users would be foolhardy.

TL/DR: A. Don't trust Steam with anything.  B. Steam is an ad-infested kludge, and seldom needed.  C. A+B=many players may never see your Achievements, and if ReLoaded divests Steam, you'll likely lose them forever.

I understand and fully support your idea of wanting a place for folks to hang their mounted trophies, but I would prefer to keep it in-house (Hawken Community would be a great place), and not at a revenue-gouging third party contractor's website.

I can see your aversion to Steam and in a way I understand it. xD However there are a lot of people who use that interface as their main game hub (it was designed that way). I personally don't find Steam resource-hungry, and I have a 6 year old dinosaur PC so I guess ppl with more normal rigs don't even feel tickles with it running in the background. Regarding ads... well, the only ads I see on Steam are game ads so I think it's ok for a game network.

I don't know if Reloaded plans to release Hawken from Steam's claws and let it run bond-free again but in the meantime it'd be ok that the achievements get reflected into that network, after all it's the normal thing to expect since almost every game on Steam has a list of achievements. If in the future Hawken gets its Steam-freedom, well goodbye Steam achievements but it's Ok because as you said, they'll be inside Hawken's community system.

Don't get me wrong EM10, I respect your position and I'm cool with it but I find it a little... paranoic? xD

Edited by Liederkranz, 24 April 2015 - 06:49 AM.

xaW8OWj.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users