• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

spinningchurro

spinningchurro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

The recent wave of spammer(s) led to me marking their posts, and after hitting "report" I was linked back to the thread with no message confirming a successful report, or any indicator that this post has already been marked by me. 

A confirmation message would be useful, and it would be a good idea to impose limits on how many times 1 user can report 1 specific post in order to avoid flooding the moderation queue.

• Neraste, Rajitha, WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW and 1 other like this

(Unknown)1590d2c747fabd

(Unknown)1590d2c747fabd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

+1

Would also be useful that if an account/post was reported by more than X individual forum members in Y period of time the account/post gets "frozen/hidden pending admin review". This would mean that Spammy accounts could be suppressed rapidly without immediate action by admins but limits the "final action" to only the admins where they can "restore" or "remove" the account. I have seen this work well on other forums so that admins aren't "fighting fires" all the time.

• WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW likes this
A little link from the "old days" because it seems I lost all my street cred with the forum reboot:

http://hawken.mirror...primary-weapon/

PepeKenobi

PepeKenobi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

I've not seen anything like this in the many forums I've been part of... really. Essentially nonsense from a production stand point, imho, no offense.... you know.

Edited by PepeKenobi, 24 April 2015 - 07:51 AM.

LadyTiggs

LadyTiggs

Super Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

+1

Would also be useful that if an account/post was reported by more than X individual forum members in Y period of time the account/post gets "frozen/hidden pending admin review". This would mean that Spammy accounts could be suppressed rapidly without immediate action by admins but limits the "final action" to only the admins where they can "restore" or "remove" the account. I have seen this work well on other forums so that admins aren't "fighting fires" all the time.

I've seen this feature on many other forum boards and have been searching for an addon for ours. We put some measures in place to combat the spammers and it's slowed them down a bit. Don't worry, I shall win this war! RAWR

• Miscellaneous, Rajitha, (Unknown)1590d2c747fabd and 1 other like this

~~Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!!~~

ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

A confirmation message would be useful, and it would be a good idea to impose limits on how many times 1 user can report 1 specific post in order to avoid flooding the moderation queue.

Why the heck is this in Technical Assistance instead of Suggestions?

PepeKenobi

PepeKenobi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

rawr =)

Edit: not for old accounts with a minimum number of days and posts accumulated to dodge confussions and/or malicious abuses of this feature... just my 2 (edited)cents.

Edited by PepeKenobi, 24 April 2015 - 09:07 AM.

AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

I've not seen anything like this in the many forums I've been part of... really. Essentially nonsense from a production stand point, imho, no offense.... you know.

I know the Marvel Heroes forum has this sort of feature, as do other boards of that type. Can't remember what type board they use however.

• PepeKenobi likes this

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts
As a simple workaround to the original post, you can simply see which ones you have 'read' by going back to the subforum. If the little dot on the side is gray, you've read it. If it's white, you haven't. This assumes that each spam post you open up is reported the first time you do so.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

spinningchurro

spinningchurro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

^^ Yeah I noticed that.  It works for now as long as these spam waves are more or less self-contained.

And I might as well throw this out there:  I browse this forum nearly every day, and I desire only cooperation regarding forum rules and hope that leads to a productive community.  I volunteer to be a forum moderator for situations similar to this one.  One thing I can say about myself is I value keeping an objective perspective until enough information is known about an issue.

Saturnine

Saturnine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

^^ Yeah I noticed that.  It works for now as long as these spam waves are more or less self-contained.

And I might as well throw this out there:  I browse this forum nearly every day, and I desire only cooperation regarding forum rules and hope that leads to a productive community.  I volunteer to be a forum moderator for situations similar to this one.  One thing I can say about myself is I value keeping an objective perspective until enough information is known about an issue.

keep-calm-and-blame-saturnine.png

Edited by Saturnine, 25 April 2015 - 05:42 AM.

• Miscellaneous and Rainbow_Sheep like this

3PGQhH7.gif

digitalhughes: @s9 you stinkn' weasel!

Don't know which mech to pilot? Check out my guide to the mechs!

Want to hang out with some awesome people, even the world-famous Loc_Tr? Come to the #hawkenscrim IRC!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users