• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Time_Guardian

Time_Guardian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Hello fellow pilots

So lately i've been playing siege(my favorite game mode) and while looking at how the enemy positioned under the AA I was struck by an idea.

What if the game had a support class, that used beams of energy to melt opponents and/or project a defensive unpassable barrier forward that allies can shoot through and enemies can't, a good idea to balance this is to make it work like turret mode does, the mech provinding the shield takes double damage when hit from the back while maintaining the shield, kinda like a guardian, and the opposite firing mode could be, to change the beam into a simple high-constant DPS weapon to just cut through a line of enemies, piercing them.

Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

NEVER GONNA HAPPEN ...  next 

Edited by Source_Mystic, 24 April 2015 - 10:35 AM.

Loglino

Loglino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

NEVER GONNA HAPPEN ...  next 

In a less critical way of saying it...

Laser and beam weapons don't fit into the lore. Majority of the game is centered on physical projectiles.

For the shield, idk. It would have to be carefully balanced.

Edited by Loglino, 24 April 2015 - 07:48 PM.

Mind the fact that pizza is my avatar.
Pizza is cool and you know it.

<3 HAWKEN

KilleR_OrigiNs

KilleR_OrigiNs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Redacted.

Edited by KilleR_OrigiNs, 30 April 2015 - 09:56 PM.

Time_Guardian

Time_Guardian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

The lore of the game is based on present day Earth, in which we have laser weapons in current use.

The idea is decent, but with no draw back provided it will receive no positive votes. Perhaps a weapon like that that doesn't deal actual damage, but stacks heat toward the enemy's weapons. It, in turn, would also have a high heat creation.

The shield would be easily implemented using current mech designs as well as the current bubble shield.

Perhaps a direct counter to the incinerator? the beamer would focus hm and make hm over heat as his beam would generate more heat than he can dispense with the SAARE

m0bieduck

m0bieduck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
NO THIS ISNT fuzzy bunnyNG WOT
Edit naow I remember how fuzzy bunny works <3

Edited by m0bieduck, 25 April 2015 - 04:09 AM.

prematurely declared king of typos, unreadable posts, and stupid threads.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users