• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Deathstrike_666

Deathstrike_666

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Hi all,

Ever since the region system was redone recently I have been experiencing loads of packet loss. Every 15-45sec I would get a major loss and suddenly teleport. This never happened before the system was redone.

Is anyone else getting lots of packet loss as well?

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Yes it's in another thread. Reports of guns not showing hits. Tow missiles causing no damage. I'm sure CapnJosh is working on it mate. I not sure that guy ever gets to sleep.

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

Lioot

Lioot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Hi all,

Ever since the region system was redone recently I have been experiencing loads of packet loss. Every 15-45sec I would get a major loss and suddenly teleport. This never happened before the system was redone.

Is anyone else getting lots of packet loss as well?

You can use this to your advantage and have a Raider's T32 and Corsair 300+ damage burst go right through you before you smite them in the face

capnjosh

capnjosh

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts

I'm guessing you have mostly experienced this on the "new" physical servers in Los Angeles, Ashburn, and Frankfurt.

What's going on is that some DDoS mitigation services seem to be imperfectly handling UDP packets.  Ugh.  I've been working on getting different servers set up.  There are some new Dallas servers right now in fact.

• Rajitha and Nov8tr like this

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

I'm getting ready for bed now but thank you very much Josh. :D

• Rajitha likes this

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

Broham78

Broham78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Gonna try Dallas. Ashburn and L.A. servers look like I`m getting 15 fps when I'm actually getting 80+ in game.

wGoUz2B.gif

Deathstrike_666

Deathstrike_666

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

I'm guessing you have mostly experienced this on the "new" physical servers in Los Angeles, Ashburn, and Frankfurt.

What's going on is that some DDoS mitigation services seem to be imperfectly handling UDP packets.  Ugh.  I've been working on getting different servers set up.  There are some new Dallas servers right now in fact.

Actually No, I have only played on Sydney servers since. I haven't played in US anymore since I don't have to play with 300+ ping. YAY back to 50-70 ping.

BaronSaturday

BaronSaturday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
You know. I had an incident where I was chasing a Raider in my G2A in wreckage. He had gone up the choke ramp and was super close to dying. I wound up my vulcans cause I anticipated he'd be facing me because I was boosting. I dodged right in front of him. I think I stood there for a solid second and a half before my shots registered. I guess hed had fired preemptively and hit me. We were both kind of stunned. He posted "no way? Did I hit you?" He did, but nothing registered for either of us for a whole second. Not really sure what happened there.

Technician | Fear the Beam | Support
Welcome to the End of Days
KHCwt3J.png
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]
Smoke this!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users