Photo

Help not adequately explainable in thread title.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

So, before I would play the game full screen, but I would use Alt+Tab to switch between windows if I need or want to do something during moments of downtime.

And then, one day without paying attention, I pressed Alt-enter on accident.

Except for one time, now when I play on full screen I don't get the standard Alt-Tab menu. I just get a black screen for 10-25 seconds while it minimizes, and bringing the game back up requires about that much time as well.

Not really sure how I'd go about making things "right" and have alt-tab not minimize Hawken. And playing in windowed is freaking annoying.

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

Appropriate title: Alt-tab issue

Appropriate solution: borderless windowed mode.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

I don't want to play in windowed mode.

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

I don't want to play in windowed mode.

From your description, it actually sounds like you were initially playing in borderless windowed mode. If you have enough RAM/vRAM, playing in borderless windowed mode is functionally indestinguishable from playing fullscreen, except you don't get a black screen for some period of time when alt tabbing.

Fullscreen, depending on your specs, will always give you some sort of choppiness, black screen, or whatever else, depending on your configuration when alt tabbing.

Try putting it to borderless windowed mode (again, that's borderless, not just flat windowed) and see if it returns you to your initial experience.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Huh... apparently that actually was the issue. I just didn't have it on the highest resolution when I attempted it the other times.

Thanks.

• ticklemyiguana likes this

MajyckToad

MajyckToad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Just don't hit Tab + MSkey (press the MSkey first)

Yeh, I know, someone will do it just to see what it does, before googling it....

:D

Edited by MajyckToad, 28 April 2015 - 03:30 AM.

BkeETgs.jpg

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

Huh... apparently that actually was the issue. I just didn't have it on the highest resolution when I attempted it the other times.

Thanks.

No problem. It's happened to me before too. Glad to hear it wasn't something serious.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, 28 April 2015 - 09:26 AM.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users