• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

I  have stated my opinion of the extended kill/ players on the existing maps. So I thought I  would post on idea for a large mayhem map. Basically a nano virus has converted the planet in hawken into a technological structure or sum such so if I  am going on that premise. lets assume that the virus did not stop there lets assume  it went deep into the earth  converted the ground into a massive matrix of networks and passage ways.  This would be a large cave plated in metal that virus  converted the rocks into metal and crystal  structures there is a lot you could do with this and it would be a great map for mayhem extended matches. Just a idea .

Edited by Source_Mystic, 28 April 2015 - 01:13 PM.

• HorsemanofWar likes this

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

I cannot say I like all of the premises you are operating upon, particularly the one that assumes that Illal has been completely overtaken by the nanovirus (this doesn't give much of a chance to build lore in a way that reflects a reasonable passage of time).

However, I do like the idea of a large, underground map. I imagine this would give Hawken the opportunity to build a very large and diverse map with lots of verticality, large rooms, large openings, and smaller connecting tunnels.

Aesthetically, I imagine it would be like a mixture of Origin (lots of giga structure) and Last Eco (rocky, some plant life like mosses, wide variety of lighting). There is opportunity here also to provide very interesting lighting, perhaps with intermittent mining lamps lighting the tunnels, perhaps one large cave opening up at the top to let in sunlight, and so forth.

Thank you for your time,

Chocksa

Chocksa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

I think an underground map like this should be set in a mine where the factions fight over the precious recourses that might still be in there. This mine could be a mixture of man made tunnels and natural tunnels and large area's where there are some ore processing machines.

Might also be a map that has a new game mode on it. 1 team is on defense, defending the ore deposits and storage. The other team has to take control of various points. The defending team gets a head start to get into defensive possitions. The attacking team has to kill all enemy's to win and there will be no respawns in this mode.

1 game will have 5 rounds. First round team prosk is on defense, second round team sentium is on defense and so on. The 5th round is a tie breaker TDM with no respawns. The team that wins 3 rounds wins the game.

Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

I cannot say I like all of the premises you are operating upon, particularly the one that assumes that Illal has been completely overtaken by the nanovirus (this doesn't give much of a chance to build lore in a way that reflects a reasonable passage of time).

REPLY FROM SOURCE_MYSTIC

FIRST THEY ARE NOT MY PREMISES I DID NOT CREATE THE STORY

SECOND I NEVER SAID THAT THE HAWKEN VIRUS  HAD COVERED THE ENTIRE  PLANET JUST THAT IT HAD REACHED THE GROUND AND WAS SPREADING. INTO CAVERNS. 

I was going on the harken lore  from memory as I can not go dig out the actual lore from the old forms that was what I remembered of it basically  the Hawken nanovirious was already part of the lore of harken as I remember it.   So before you fault me with creating  story for hawken which I assure you I  was not.  Fault hawkens persistent story not me. All I was doing was suggesting a setting that coincides with the story that someone else created. Personalty as a spiritual science fiction writer  have done better that this.   since I can not dig out the lore from the forms here is a web sight   that is reliant to what I am saying. THIS is the lore of hawaken  lore and if you were the spirit of hawken you would know this.

Here is the web sight please redirect you hostility and dissatisfaction at the writer that created hawken's  persistent story as well as the hawken setting and virus that is converting planet.

Please feel free to read it for your self  http://tvtropes.org/...ideoGame/Hawken

BELOW IS A COPY OF SAID WEB PAGE .

"On a distant planet colonized by man, industrialized to the point of collapse ...

Our population has been devastated.

The hunt for resources has become the battle for survival."
Hawken, Story Trailer

Hawkenexternal_link.gif is a first-person mecha-combat game. Made by Adhesive Games Ltd. with Unreal Engine 3. While it was originally thought that Hawken was going to unofficially die due to dormancy since January 5th 2015 until being picked up by Reloaded Games on March 23rd, 2015.The planet Illal has seen better days. It used to be a idyllic, resource-rich colony world, but warfare between the dominant interstellar corporations on the planet have left it in ruin. A self-replicating nano virus named Hawken was unleashed on Illal when Crion, one of the three dominant corporations, collapsed violently. As it spreads, Hawken converts the environment into a nightmarish labyrinth of patchwork metal known as the "Giga-Structure."By now, Hawken has converted a third of the planet's surface into the Giga-Structure. Those who could afford to leave Illal have done so. The remaining two leading megacorporations on the planet, Prosk and Sentium, wage open war for control of the planet's remaining valuable resources. The front line fighters in this war pilot mechs, mostly jury-rigged from salvage or repurposed civilian models.And that's where you step in.The game entered open beta on December 12, 2012, then launched and transferred to Steam on February 2014. 

(THEN AGAIN WTF DO I KNOW I JUST MAKE fuzzy bunny UP AND TALK OUT OF MY a$# ) WITH OUT FACTS TO BACK UP WHAT I SAY ?!

Edited by Source_Mystic, 28 April 2015 - 04:07 PM.

Interrobang87

Interrobang87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
Caverns beneath Crion corp confirmed!

Paradox23

Paradox23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Perhaps there could be a three-part mix of an elaborate underground base/mine where one third is natural, one third is a manmade area and one third is completely taken over by the Hawken virus? 

HorsemanofWar

HorsemanofWar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I like this idea I can imagine the ground being scarred black and the sky overcast with a darker mood, I'd love to see something like this.

Lioot

Lioot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

We need the lava, the lavaaaaaa

Heat generation within a certain radius and damage when you walk into it, but there is a special hiding spot behind the awesome lava waterfall

• Tankman95 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users