• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

(P:B)Augmentia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

A lot of the higher MMR people are complaining that they can't get into games. I propose that we section a certain portion of the player base, possibly the top 5% or maybe lower (I don't know the numbers) or we could base it off MMR if you got above a certain MMR. If you met this requirement you would be invited to the Elite Firmament servers where the best of the best can play, and hone their skills together. Now, before the elitist arguments break out, I want to remind you that this is a fair solution to the upper portion of the players. They are the best, but got nothing for it, and now can't even play anymore because there are not enough people on their level. It would be a fair solution to everyone to provide a few special elite servers, because god knows we have enough extra servers lying around as it is. Feel free to express interest or your opinions.

I am MM
brKc5dA.jpg

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

So we paly day in day out with or against the same players? meeeh :/

The problem concerning balance will be solved when more players join and stay.

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

The problem concerning balance will be solved when more players join and stay.

I was under the impression you more or less play with the same people in your mmr range as is, if you get to find a game to play at all. This would just secure the possibility of a server to play on. Besides, If we linked it to MMR, then you would keep getting more players as the average MMR rose. Am I wrong?

Edited by Augmentia, 29 April 2015 - 11:47 AM.

I am MM
brKc5dA.jpg

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Why don't the high MMR players just sabotage their own MMR so they can play more games? Might save a lot of grief!

IareDave

IareDave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Why don't the high MMR players just sabotage their own MMR so they can play more games? Might save a lot of grief!

Is that not the same as smurfing? 

Edited by IareDave, 29 April 2015 - 12:03 PM.

Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Then you end up with every game you play being a noobstop-crush-kill-stamp-all-the-mechs-everything-gets-boring-fast match. That's not what people want. People want a challenge, and they can only get that by improving their MMR.

Is that not the same as smurfing? 

Also, what IAreOrbLord Dave said.

Edited by (KDR) Miscellaneous, 29 April 2015 - 12:06 PM.

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

n3onfx

n3onfx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

They already do, and other players don't like it because it leads to utter stomps. Besides, stomping gets boring fast enough anyways.

• Meraple likes this

t

t

DWEH3ZP.png   CRITICAL  RqKpxHn.png    ASSIST   VDNrFxD.png

t

t

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Also, putting together a certain group of people on the higher end of the spectrum would also cause the lowest of the high end to get as good as the best, leading to more engaging gameplay. Just thoughts.

• Miscellaneous likes this
I am MM
brKc5dA.jpg

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

They already do, and other players don't like it because it leads to utter stomps. Besides, stomping gets boring fast enough anyways.

I'm not saying get smurf accounts. I'm saying LOSE ON PURPOSE. GIVE THE LOWER MMR PLAYERS SOME FALSE SATISFACTION.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

But...That simply isn't fun for the better players. I mean, I suppose a game of you-cant-touch-me could be amusing every other friday, but other than that....

Also, the ratio of wins-loses to keep the account in the positive range would be abominable. It would leave behind nothing but tears and a bad after taste on your pilot profile.

I am MM
brKc5dA.jpg

sabrehawk90

sabrehawk90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

I'm not saying get smurf accounts. I'm saying LOSE ON PURPOSE. GIVE THE LOWER MMR PLAYERS SOME FALSE SATISFACTION.

Well, two things that could happen regarding the actual games -

- High MMR people end up stomping people once they get into the lower games since they'd use their skill and actually play

- This perpetuates the need to lose on purpose just to get back into these lower games just to stomp again

- High MMR people keep on losing on purpose, but then that defeats the point of trying to get into games, and losing on purpose isn't fun at all (even the team      that has the purposefully losing person won't be satistied)

... and it's hard to play consistently terrible when you already have skills under your belt.

2XhpJes.png

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Wow I didn't think people would take what I said half seriously.

I mean...

IT'S NOT MY PROBLEM THEY FEEL THEY'RE TOO GOOD TO LOSE.

IareDave

IareDave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Also, what IAreOrbLord Dave said.

And they'll start calling me X-lord whenever the next meta shift happens. Patiently waiting  :sleep:

• Miscellaneous, Merl61, FlamingBeaker and 1 other like this

Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Congratulations, you just summed up 90% of Australian players.

I'm not complaining about this, just telling people to deal with it. Honestly, I don't even understand the issue. 

• Merl61 likes this

comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Wow I didn't think people would take what I said half seriously.

I mean...

IT'S NOT MY PROBLEM THEY FEEL THEY'RE TOO GOOD TO LOSE.

Maybe... you should be good enough to win?

tumblr_lkyu2e2R801qc15q3o1_400.gif

OHHHHHHHHHHH

Edited by comic_sans, 29 April 2015 - 05:09 PM.

• IareDave and (P:B)Augmentia like this

100% Hamburger | #becomeinpopcorn

AOTbYIL.png

IareDave

IareDave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Maybe... you should be good enough to win?

tumblr_lkyu2e2R801qc15q3o1_400.gif

OHHHHHHHHHHH

FATALITY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Aside from the epic bashing, anybody got any ideas why this would/wouldn't work?

I am MM
brKc5dA.jpg

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

I don't think an elite server will help any. If there are hardly any games for a high MMR player, a separate server for them isn't going to alleviate the problem, just so that there are too few high MMR players.

Interrobang87

Interrobang87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

I don't think an elite server will help any. If there are hardly any games for a high MMR player, a separate server for them isn't going to alleviate the problem, just so that there are too few high MMR players.

Pretty much this. High mmr players bleed into lower games (or smurf) because there are not enough high players to fill high servers

So while I support creative thinking your suggestion is pointless

FlamingBeaker

FlamingBeaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Most of the time it would be like a waiting room.  A pretty, upper-crust, platinum-plated, underpopulated waiting room.  Until/unless we get a lot more new players, and some of those players become very, very good.

Don't the organized events already provide the same service as what you are proposing?

On a side note, an occasional (and ideally, extremely rare) stomp from a high-MMR player can be rude, unnecessary, infuriating..... and also educational, eye-opening, and motivational. "Why/how did they do that move? Can I learn to do that? How come they do that better than when I try to do that?" If the nosebleed-level-MMR players never mix with the rest of us in the bleachers, skill progression slows or stagnates. Mix too much, hackusations fly and people quit matches in droves.

Thanks devs for Mayhem servers...

tl;dr = best fix is more people playing the game

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

"Why/how did they do that move? Can I learn to do that? How come they do that better than when I try to do that?"

"Can my computer even handle itself well enough for me to effectively do that without it defecating where I lie? Is the guy a smurf? Is he using a controller? I bet if I put my controls on the shift thing for boosting instead of double presses I could do that. I bet if I found a way to do that effectively on a keyboard I could not use the double taps. Perhaps they should allow both at once. Why is that guy still cursing in spanish? Seriously, he's so buttmad. I hope that guy joins my team so I may not lose as often. Gosh I'm such a fuzzy bunny. I should make a clan called the Scrublords. Yeah, that would be awesome. I could steal that logo from the Scrublords series. Cripes I wish the framerate was more consistent..."

I think too much.

• FlamingBeaker and LaurenEmily like this

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Why not open all possibilities ? Make some kind of system of looking for other good players and then the system once they found a few they inv the people to a common server? Also if it takes a bit long then let the people play other stuff while waiting? Idk XD

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

?FTD? eXeon

?FTD? eXeon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Quoted from a post requesting to remove the matchmaker.

I think that the current matchmaker is absolutely horrible and if we want more balanced matches, a few things need to be redone. Firstly games need to end and kick players back out to the main menu, forcing players to requeue. The matchmaker should take into account all players in games and in queue, based on your mmr you have to wait till X players of similar, the closest possible online at the time in some cases, requeue after their games have ended or they login and queue up. The server browser needs to be unable to access public servers and remain a way of utilizing the new private servers well see popping up soon. Until a game is finished players may only rejoin the game they were last in to prevent players from leaving, repeat offenders need to see a timeout period to prevent abuse. There should be a warning of this time out clearly displayed to players before accepting a queue into a new game with expected average time of most games of the type they've been chosen to play in by the matchmaker based on their selection of game modes they chose to queue for. Oh, and most importantly players cannot join games currently in progress unlessand their addition to any team wouldn't unsettle the current mmr balance of the game as is, I'd much rather wait 10 minutes for a game full of players in my range than play vs players much less skilled than me.

Fix The Delay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users