6 replies to this topic

teeth_03

teeth_03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

I asked this question on the Q/A:

I do have 1 non server related question: I would like to see a global unlock option for Items and Internals, even if it cost MC only, would this be an option at some point?

I think there could be an option to pay for an Item that you unlock the 3 MK1-3 versions for all mechs, maybe make it like 1483 MC ($10), so you buy it once with real money then you don't have to worry about it again.

The same thing with Internals, but make them maybe 720 MC.

Thoughts?

(P:B)Augmentia

(P:B)Augmentia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

It could maybe be a starter bundle purchasable through steam. We could name it something fancy like the Apprentice bundle, or the Swag Engineer bundle.

• VisionCloud likes this
I am MM
brKc5dA.jpg

teeth_03

teeth_03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Perhaps, but I wasn't suggesting that for $10, you unlock everything, just a single item for all 3 sizes. I'm not sure what all a Steam bundle would include, but I'm assuming it wouldn't be every item and internal.

ADH had classified items in 6 different groups, maybe you could buy a group of items for $15-20, like a Turret Bundle, Electromagnetism Bundle, etc etc

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Wouldn't this become pay to win? Or ... Naah not really I think it would just make pay to be lazy lol XD

personally I don't like the idea of this...
I prefer not to be able to pay for usable items in-game, and keep it to customizations and all only...

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

teeth_03

teeth_03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Well, we could make it a high HC value to unlock as well, but I figured it could be another financial opportunity for the devs.

You call it lazy, and you could be partially correct, but the problem with the current system, is that the Items and the Internals are pretty expensive to be locked to a single mech. If I could buy an Item for a mech, take that item off and put it on another mech, it would be a different story. But a system like that would take some work to implement, so I figured a paid global unlock option would help get the devs some money along with helping out the players who see that buying things per-mech is a waste of points/money

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Meh... Yeah true... But yeah... I personally dong like it but I agree ...

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

I don't think they would go the global unlock route. 

I would suggest a Class based unlock may be somewhat more likely.

Pay MC to unlock an internal or item for your A classes. If you want on B and C, you buy for each.

Many items are better for a particular class anyway. Pricing it right would be a challenge.

I also don't like the pay to unlock all items idea, but I bought Nemesis, so its not like I can complain about others wanting to buy bundles.

Edited by 6ixxer, 04 May 2015 - 06:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users