• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
I've noticed that usually a lot of people who try to come up with a mech concept themselves often get their concepts I in a way ignored or countered... So I think we should come up with a new mech or any other idea all together by brainstorming or something. So yeah XD let's take it slow to efficiently model our ideas together as a unified community XD

So I just got a new lil mech concept idea while reading someone else's post (thanks man XD)

Nothing specific, just a few ideas...

What I thought of was an anti-ambush type of mech or something. Maybe based on information instead of force and all...

I thought of this thinking, "if maybe a team like prosk (or any other team) created a mech, what would the other team create in response?"
In this case, I thought of when in the description of the pres and all "ambush vehicle"

So why not an anti ambush vehicle....

So I thought of all kinds of different stuff that could be brainstormed on... Like some abilitys to them model the mech around with...

So one of my ideas was an ability to have a limited dustance heat vision (more limited then the pres) without cloak for a brieve period... But I then thought that why use that when we can use the pred...

So another idea is just simple...
An ability to send out a ping on radar and it will highlight the mechs in the proximity of the ping on your radar... Or maybe even highlight them through walls for a small time... Idk
Tho I think that if someone gets pinged they get a notification or something... Also if ever we use the ping and highlight through walls thing the highlight will not follow the mech it would just stay there even if the person goes away... But only stays for a limited time?

I'm just giving ideas ...

Idk ...

Please feel free to adopt any parts of my ideas or anything and add on to your concept and all... Also feel free to disagree with features you don't like or even add stuff to ideas already posted and all that stuff....

LET THE BRAINSTORMING BEGIN! XD

groll

Edited by Grollourdo, 01 May 2015 - 12:39 AM.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
PS: all this is very vague and unclear I'm just putting a concept, we all should put opinions and ideas on this and try to model a new mech? XD

LET US HAVE IMMAGINATION!!! XD

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

Lioot

Lioot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

A D-Class mech is needed in the game. This mech will have extremely high hp, low maneuverability and the lack of ability to dodge.

But the advantage of this, other than just high hp is it also has dynamic damage reduction, as like a C-Class mech, will have plates. The damage reduction is dynamic as the plates move, in accordance to incoming enemy fire; to nerf this, there are only 2 plates at a time and they obviously can't move at the speed of light. They also have a limited arc so that it can't cover certain parts of the mech.

Another advantage of the mech is its 3 weapons. One on each arm, and one between its legs, for dominance. And because its a D-Class mech

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

A D-Class mech is needed in the game. This mech will have extremely high hp, low maneuverability and the lack of ability to dodge.

Lemme break it down to ya. THAT is the LAST thing the balance needs. You'd be be biting more than you can chew by asking for that.

Just think, infinite camping, orb lording, tech-Dclass combo, deathballing ...

4+ D class mechs in small maps will be just like snipers ad hellfires in Bunker. 

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Lawl wow XD

d class overpowered mech.... Hmmm wont it unbalance hawken a bit? Lol YOU DONT SAY? XD

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Well... I think maybe the anti ambush mech could be a light mech?

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

Lioot

Lioot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Lemme break it down to ya. THAT is the LAST thing the balance needs. You'd be be biting more than you can chew by asking for that.

Just think, infinite camping, orb lording, tech-Dclass combo, deathballing ...

4+ D class mechs in small maps will be just like snipers ad hellfires in Bunker. 

Don't worry, this will only affect low MMR games IMO, so that's why we bump the cost up to like 35k

• Elite_is_salty likes this

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

Don't worry, this will only affect low MMR games IMO, so that's why we bump the cost up to like 35k

Low MMR players always have too little HC to buy any 12k mech. Let alone buy a 32k one. Makes no sense.

Also, your logic is wrong here, because if you actually think about it, newbies are so bad at playing C-classes, and elite players are unbeatable with C's, let alone a D class. Also, if played in a competitive game, basic teamwork could cover up all the lack of maneuverability the mech has by providing info on enemy movement/positioning and providing protection from the weak side (the back).

All in all, NO more classes should be added to HAWKEN. Even a 4 legged mech would be trouble for balance.

If anything, developing more mechs to make all classes have an equal number of mechs is all what we need.

And maps are a higher priority IMO. Because they are something EVERY and ALL players get to use/enjoy regardless of their position in the grind ladder. But mechs aren't something that EVERYONE will get immediately.

IMO here's how development should be approached:

Bug fixes >> Balance improvements >> Cosmetics >> Maps >> Mechs >> Items >> Internals

The financial gain from providing new cosmetics justifies the position of cosmetics in my ladder of dev priorities.

• Meraple and JackVandal like this

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Bug fixes >> Balance improvements >> Cosmetics >> Maps >> Mechs >> Items >> Internals

Am I the only one who wants new weapons as well? I know that mechs are sort of also weapons, but I want a fourth weapon choice. I can't stop thinking "hmm, what should I have on my Assualt/Recruit? Sustained, sustained or sustained?" which can simplify to "long range (sorta), mid range (sorta) and short range" - just guess which of the weapons is which. I want to see an EOC Assault (without glitches) or something. :/ 

(Yes, I mentioned only one/two mechs - which is not enough evidence (in my opinion) for a fourth weapon choice, but I feel that a few of the weapons are under-used.)

Edited by Dawn_of_Ash, 01 May 2015 - 04:55 AM.

SoukouKiheiVOTOMS

SoukouKiheiVOTOMS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I've noticed that usually a lot of people who try to come up with a mech concept themselves often get their concepts I in a way ignored or countered... So I think we should come up with a new mech or any other idea all together by brainstorming or something. So yeah XD let's take it slow to efficiently model our ideas together as a unified community XD

So I just got a new lil mech concept idea while reading someone else's post (thanks man XD)

Nothing specific, just a few ideas...

What I thought of was an anti-ambush type of mech or something. Maybe based on information instead of force and all...

I thought of this thinking, "if maybe a team like prosk (or any other team) created a mech, what would the other team create in response?"
In this case, I thought of when in the description of the pres and all "ambush vehicle"

So why not an anti ambush vehicle....

So I thought of all kinds of different stuff that could be brainstormed on... Like some abilitys to them model the mech around with...

So one of my ideas was an ability to have a limited dustance heat vision (more limited then the pres) without cloak for a brieve period... But I then thought that why use that when we can use the pred...

So another idea is just simple...
An ability to send out a ping on radar and it will highlight the mechs in the proximity of the ping on your radar... Or maybe even highlight them through walls for a small time... Idk
Tho I think that if someone gets pinged they get a notification or something... Also if ever we use the ping and highlight through walls thing the highlight will not follow the mech it would just stay there even if the person goes away... But only stays for a limited time?

I'm just giving ideas ...

Idk ...

Please feel free to adopt any parts of my ideas or anything and add on to your concept and all... Also feel free to disagree with features you don't like or even add stuff to ideas already posted and all that stuff....

LET THE BRAINSTORMING BEGIN! XD

groll

Hmm. I like the idea of an electronics-based warfare mech in this game. I think a good game to look at is Mechwarrior Online in terms of developing such a mech. The game involves a tremendous amount of electronics to combat enemy teams, including ECM, UAV, Active Probes (counters ECM), Targeting Computers, and Lasers that provide very quick missile locks. Though the game does suffer at times from the lack of balance in many aspects, the concepts are very appealing and I believe the new guys at Hawken are more than capable of balancing things out.

A good mech could be one with some basic weapons as does the Tech. But it can also includes special abilities in terms of electronic warfare:

1. Though I was considering a radar scrambler, there is already a consumable for it. However, I was thinking that as special ability, it can have radar effects in two modes. The way this can be done is have the default mode of the effect in terms of radar scrambling mode. This acts pretty much as the scrambler, however, will not produce the noise effect and will obviously last as long as the effect is in. The second mode can be bound to one of the keys to switch, where the ability can be used a powerful sensor. Unlike the normal sensor, this mode is capable of detecting all enemies within a certain vicinity, regardless if they're not boosting or firing any weapons. It can also create a sort of fuzz effect on mechs such as the Predator or Infiltrator as a way of further countering their abilities. This will of course, require very well tested times and effects by the developers to prevent imbalance.

2. Have the ability to deploy small drones similar to that of co-op. They can fly around and deal small, yet significant damage if ignored. Two or three would be deployed at the time and would usually fly in the vicinity of the mech. They can also prioritize targets such as turrets or the lowest damaged mech in their vicinity.

3. Creating web or walls that pop if an enemy comes within a certain distance. How this works is similar to that of the Predator. The mech can deploy four points within a limited vicinity. These serve as corner points, where if an enemy mech approaches it, a shield is deployed similar to the blockade consumable. This can be excellent if this is paired with the radar detection ability, where the mech would be able to detect a possible scout or group moving into a position. It can begin deploying a few of these blockades. Once the enemy moves in, lets say 5-10 meters, the blockade pops up. This would be EXCELLENT in maps such as Uptown, Facility, and so on. Of course, the cool down for this weapon would  have to be long to prevent spamming and trolling.

These are basic ideas I thought of. I think they'd be cool, but require a lot of work of balancing to work. Hopefully we can work on these ideas though!!

• Grollourdo likes this

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Yeah... OK ima try yo suggest a weapon...

A primary weapon maybe that when fully charged, gives you a scope? Its like a mediocre damage sniper but with a splash radius like a tow maybe finishing off enemy's without scope maybe it could be some kind of 3 round burst weapon with mediocre splash radius ?

Idk just suggesting...

Also I kinda like my own idea of an ability that sends off a radar ping....

As for a map .... As I suggested a long time ago... NIGHT MAPS!!! XD

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
The weapon I just noticed looks a bit like the heat canon.... Hmmm

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

Benrefle

Benrefle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Well... I think maybe the anti ambush mech could be a light mech?

Heres the anti ambush mech you ordered, from my long mech idea that was posted early and immedately got ignored.

Aggressor

Category: Electronic Warfare
Chassis: L9 Huntsman
Class: A
Description: Swarm vehicle, equipped to counter infiltration .
Background: Built on L9 Huntsman, a modified Piston chassis, The Aggressor was essentially the recon version of the Berserker with specialized scrambler to counter Cloaked enemies. Fast and agile, it been the personal mech for many top notch Prosk pliot, including Laila herself.
Mech Stat:
HP:345
Fuel tank:95L
Boost speed:36.5m/s
Fuel regen: 10.5L/s
Ground speed:21m/s
Air Speed:39m/s
Overheating recovery: 5.25s
Dodging: 1s
Primary Weapon: Assault Rifle
Alt Primary: Point-D Vulcan
Prestige Primary: Mini Flak Cannon
Secondry Weapon: Hellfire Missile
Ability: Camouflage Scrambler
Force all camouflage related abilities on enemy mech in a 45m radius on a cool-down. This ability has a cool-down of 1 minutes .

If you want review my proposal, heres the link:
https://community.pl...-mech-proposal/

WillyW

WillyW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

I like this idea. I really do. We have medics, so why not have scientists? This mech would add an entirely new style of teamwork.

As for suggestions, I think it should provide anti-tracking, anti-cloak, extended radar, infra-red for enemy mechs. There are so many possibilities! Maybe it could even provide a cloaking field of its own! (Similar to the way that the Mothership from Starcraft 2 cloaks friendly units within a certain range)

Edited by WillyW, 01 May 2015 - 09:31 AM.

• Grollourdo likes this

2XhpJes.png

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Seems like an altered Scanner.

Nobody likes Scanners.

As for suggestions, I think it should provide anti-tracking, anti-cloak, extended radar, infra-red for enemy mechs. There are so many possibilities! Maybe it could even provide a cloaking field of its own! (Similar to the way that the Mothership from Starcraft 2 cloaks friendly units within a certain range)

Seems like a buffed Stalker Vision.

No.

-snip-

That ability wouldn't be too useful, seeing as it only affects cloak, which isn't too good already.

• Grollourdo likes this

Lioot

Lioot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Low MMR players always have too little HC to buy any 12k mech. Let alone buy a 32k one. Makes no sense.

Also, your logic is wrong here, because if you actually think about it, newbies are so bad at playing C-classes, and elite players are unbeatable with C's, let alone a D class. Also, if played in a competitive game, basic teamwork could cover up all the lack of maneuverability the mech has by providing info on enemy movement/positioning and providing protection from the weak side (the back).

All in all, NO more classes should be added to HAWKEN. Even a 4 legged mech would be trouble for balance.

If anything, developing more mechs to make all classes have an equal number of mechs is all what we need.

And maps are a higher priority IMO. Because they are something EVERY and ALL players get to use/enjoy regardless of their position in the grind ladder. But mechs aren't something that EVERYONE will get immediately.

The financial gain from providing new cosmetics justifies the position of cosmetics in my ladder of dev priorities.

Shhhh, in space, no one can hear you scream. No one can hear you scream from the grave too.

But still, a new mech to mix things up a bit, why not?

• Elite_is_salty likes this

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Heres the anti ambush mech you ordered, from my long mech idea that was posted early and immedately got ignored.Aggressor Category: Electronic WarfareChassis: L9 HuntsmanClass: ADescription: Swarm vehicle, equipped to counter infiltration .
Background: Built on L9 Huntsman, a modified Piston chassis, The Aggressor was essentially the recon version of the Berserker with specialized scrambler to counter Cloaked enemies. Fast and agile, it been the personal mech for many top notch Prosk pliot, including Laila herself.Mech Stat:HP:345Fuel tank:95LBoost speed:36.5m/sFuel regen: 10.5L/sGround speed:21m/sAir Speed:39m/sOverheating recovery: 5.25sDodging: 1s Primary Weapon: Assault RifleAlt Primary: Point-D VulcanPrestige Primary: Mini Flak CannonSecondry Weapon: Hellfire MissileAbility: Camouflage Scrambler
Force all camouflage related abilities on enemy mech in a 45m radius on a cool-down. This ability has a cool-down of 1 minutes .
If you want review my proposal, heres the link:https://community.pl...-mech-proposal/

I think its ability is too much ... I don't think we should implement ability's to criple the enemy team...
All our current mechs's abilitys are tools, we have to make a tool ability. And with that tool you use it in a way to ctiple the enemy right? Get me?
For example the grenedier's ability buffs yourself to then cripple the enemy.
The assault and CRT 's ability cools your weapons so you can shoot longer to criple your enemy.
And so on.

I m just saying that we should make ability's that we have to properly use, not some that you just pop up and its done crippled the enemy....

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Seems like an altered Scanner.
Nobody likes Scanners.

Seems like a buffed Stalker Vision.
No.

That ability wouldn't be too useful, seeing as it only affects cloak, which isn't too good already.

Yeah its kinda the scanner but it only ping's once. Its a very less effective scanner... Or something....

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

I like this idea. I really do. We have medics, so why not have scientists? This mech would add an entirely new style of teamwork.
As for suggestions, I think it should provide anti-tracking, anti-cloak, extended radar, infra-red for enemy mechs. There are so many possibilities!

Well thank you XD

IMAGINATION GO ON!!!

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

Am I the only one who wants new weapons as well? I know that mechs are sort of also weapons, but I want a fourth weapon choice. I can't stop thinking "hmm, what should I have on my Assualt/Recruit? Sustained, sustained or sustained?" which can simplify to "long range (sorta), mid range (sorta) and short range" - just guess which of the weapons is which. I want to see an EOC Assault (without glitches) or something. :/ 

(Yes, I mentioned only one/two mechs - which is not enough evidence (in my opinion) for a fourth weapon choice, but I feel that a few of the weapons are under-used.)

The very best thing they can make, is to make all weapons unique. Like, on the course of many years. Every mech should have its own 3 weapons. Or at least have 2 unique ones.

Unique weapons for each mech will make players feel the urgency to buy mechs, and maybe that can give the MC purchases a MAJOR boost.

• SoukouKiheiVOTOMS likes this

SoukouKiheiVOTOMS

SoukouKiheiVOTOMS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

The very best thing they can make, is to make all weapons unique. Like, on the course of many years. Every mech should have its own 3 weapons. Or at least have 2 unique ones.

Unique weapons for each mech will make players feel the urgency to buy mechs, and maybe that can give the MC purchases a MAJOR boost.

I would totally agree on this matter.

To be honest, the one thing I feel lacking in this game is uniqueness of mechs and modifying them. Being limited to three primary weapons and only one secondary one is no fun. The internals aren't very exciting and have become necessities. 

If we could have two or three secondary weapon types per mech or possibly a chassis-only weapon, like you said, for MC people would pour in the money. 

While writing this, I though of a random thing as an alternate MC variant for the Technician:

So if you've ever played Warframe, there is a weapon that starts off as a gun with electro-magnetic tentacles floating around the barrel. If you press fire, the tentacles will obviously fire off into the various enemies around. Now, if you wanted to focus on a specific enemy, you could by pressing the right mouse button, further increasing DPS.

If we took this to the Tech's secondary weapon where it drains enemy health, it would be really intimidating weapon that would take some good skill to use with tons of fun!

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
I agree with both of you

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

DM30

DM30

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

While writing this, I though of a random thing as an alternate MC variant for the Technician:
So if you've ever played Warframe, there is a weapon that starts off as a gun with electro-magnetic tentacles floating around the barrel. If you press fire, the tentacles will obviously fire off into the various enemies around. Now, if you wanted to focus on a specific enemy, you could by pressing the right mouse button, further increasing DPS.
If we took this to the Tech's secondary weapon where it drains enemy health, it would be really intimidating weapon that would take some good skill to use with tons of fun!

While the weapon idea sounds interesting, as soon as you put different game mechanics behind a cash-only pay wall, you're into pay to win territory. The current unlock system and G2 implementation are flirting with that line way too much as it is, and so proposing a cash-only alternate mech is a very, very bad thing IMO. Introduce this weapon on a new mech, sure, but NOT an MC-exclusive one.
  • Grollourdo likes this

Hawken gameplay

TPG Playlists -- Season 2 | Season 3

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Agreed

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users