• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

ROSING

ROSING

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
Dunno if a post has been made for this already, and if it hasn't then I'd be surprised.

But at any rate, making elite parts color customizable would open up a new range of customization. And I don't see the harm in it. Thoughts?
  • Meraple, n3onfx, LaurenEmily and 1 other like this

KarlSchlag

KarlSchlag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Yes please!

IRZUTYo.png

SaYxVQp.pngbWmghey.png

KDR Veteran Member / KDR Server Administrator

Spoiler

n3onfx

n3onfx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Yes absolutely. If anything it will encourage to buy more camos.

t

t

DWEH3ZP.png   CRITICAL  RqKpxHn.png    ASSIST   VDNrFxD.png

t

t

Shonoun

Shonoun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I use mostly the stock parts because of this. Elite parts would look so cool when you can put camos on them.

AMD Phenom II x4 955 3.20 GHz, 16gb RAM, STRIX GTX 960

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

Aren't elite parts mostly just usual parts but with a certain camo? If you change it then what's the point of it? Only CRT would benefit from this.

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

-Tj-

-Tj-

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Aren't elite parts mostly just usual parts but with a certain camo? If you change it then what's the point of it? Only CRT would benefit from this.

I believe so, like the special designer paint parts. If they map the camo-able areas differently there could be some variation, tho.

n3onfx

n3onfx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

There are some differences, the raider for example has cloth added to some parts and a blue glowing "eye" in the center. Scout has added blue parts as well.

• ROSING likes this

t

t

t

t

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
I agree what's the point? I don't think here's a difference between a basic part with a camp and an elite part with a camp.... Just the camp changes...

Idk.... Maybe on elite maybe we could overlay camos so we could maybe get textures...

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

ROSING

ROSING

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Generally the elite parts are more sleek, and they do have some differences. Just compared the elite and the regular parts and you should see. Perhaps not completely different but often they'll look different enough, and regular parts have a more rugged, a bit more rough appearance compared to the elite parts. Coloring those I think would make a huge difference, because it'd be between maybe an infiltrator in my color that looks a bit dirty compared to an infiltrator in my color with a much more, well, elite appearance.

I'm no good with the forum images here, so just compare these two images: the regular infiltrator in the wiki site and then the elite infiltrator on the Hawken site. There are subtle differences but they're there.

http://hawken.wikia....iki/Infiltrator

https://www.playhawk...chs/infiltrator

Edited by ROSING, 02 May 2015 - 09:59 PM.

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Good point man

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

-Tj-

-Tj-

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

What Elite meant was that the elite "parts" are actually just re-skins of the base mesh, unlike the CR-T elite parts which are actually new meshes. I'm sure it's entirely possible for them to define areas for camos to work, tho.

Edit: even the parts that look like new additions are actually just textured on. The cloth parts and blue glowing dot on the elite Raider, for example, are just new textures on the same mesh.

Edited by -Tj-, 03 May 2015 - 02:29 AM.

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Yeah.... Tho I still want to maybe be able yo over lay? XD lol....

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

n3onfx

n3onfx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

What Elite meant was that the elite "parts" are actually just re-skins of the base mesh, unlike the CR-T elite parts which are actually new meshes. I'm sure it's entirely possible for them to define areas for camos to work, tho.

Edit: even the parts that look like new additions are actually just textured on. The cloth parts and blue glowing dot on the elite Raider, for example, are just new textures on the same mesh.

Yes there are no new physical parts on the elite skins (bar the CRT), but they still manage to make the mech look different. Imo it's noticeable enough, especially on the Scout and Raider. And I'd love being able to keep those skin "upgrades" while being able to apply paints to it.

Edited by n3onfx, 03 May 2015 - 07:26 AM.

• ROSING likes this

t

t

t

t

ROSING

ROSING

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

That's fair, but it'd be like you have a character that usually wears a T shirt and jeans and you can recolor it. But then you have an option to reskin him with a suit and tie which you can't color. The colored suit and tie would look different from the colored t-shirt and jeans.

Not sure if that metaphor worked, but maybe...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users