- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

LoneSyndal

LoneSyndal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I downloaded and installed the game today to try it out. Game worked perfectly fine an hour before the Mayweather fight. Got home, and now game no longer starts and would crash upon startup regardless if from Steam or from folder. Game would just say "Hawken has Stopped working". So I deleted all Hawken files and redistributables and re-installed game and its components, still crashing.

Windows 8.1

i7-4720HQ

GTX 970M 3GB

16GB RAM

Former pilot for "Steel Killers"

MMR: +2200

LadyTiggs

LadyTiggs

Super Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

There is a known issue with Nvidia M cards and the latest driver, try rolling back to the previous version. 

• FRX23 and Guns_N_Rozer like this

~~Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!!~~

BaronSaturday

BaronSaturday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
AMD master race! JKJK. I hope you get it working my friend. We need more people!

Technician | Fear the Beam | Support
Welcome to the End of Days
KHCwt3J.png
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]
Smoke this!

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Lol

AHA! FINALLY IM NOT ALONE TO HAVE CARED ABOUT THE PAC VS MAY FIGHT!!!!!

........ I was for pacquiao........

I bet u were for may.......

I no like yu ......

XD lol

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

FRX23

FRX23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

There is a known issue with Nvidia M cards and the latest driver, try rolling back to the previous version. 

I'm not concerned by the problem, but such a fast answer is gold plated.

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

I downloaded and installed the game today to try it out.

:ninja:

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

LoneSyndal

LoneSyndal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I found a temporary solution to the problem, so I guess this thread can die until further notice. Set compatibility to Windows 7 and it worked... not even sure why. Game works fine on the Clevo P650SG with GTX 980M 4GB without hassle. 

EDIT: @Call_Me_Ishmael, I am not a new player if that's what you're getting at. I just haven't used the new forums at all.

Edited by LoneSyndal, 03 May 2015 - 05:57 AM.

Former pilot for "Steel Killers"

MMR: +2200

Orchastraut

Orchastraut

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Ok I  figured out how to fix the problem, I'm posting because I know how frustrating it is to not have a solution even the internet search cant fix.  The problem is quite simple, if you're using a NVIDA graphics card or GPU, mostly the M series it will crash the moment you try and start the game.   When you go into your NVIDIA control panel usually by right clicking your desktop you can change your graphics card to integrated graphics.  Now this isn't the solution but this is how I figured it out.   When I switched from NVIDIA to the intel graphics card the game actually started up and let me in.   This confirmed that the problem was the NVDIA.  If you're like me and tried everything, then this is how you fix it and still can use your NVIDA gpu and graphics card.  Now I'm using a cyber power gaming laptop with windows 8.1, and after trying everything I noticed that you couldn't set the compatibility for the game when right clicking the icon.  That is because its a programed short cut that prevents you from doing it from the short cut.  This game, NVIDA and windows 8.1 apparently don't mix.  You simply have to go to  C:/program files(x86)/steam/steamapps/common/Hawken/Binaries/Win32.    In that Wind32 folder you'll find the actually Hawken executable, right click it go to the compatibility tab and set it to windows 7.   Once you did that the game should work just fine for you, and you can use your NVIDA graphics card just fine.   Good luck and hope this helped.

aboctat

aboctat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

urm... your solutions include changing compatibility to win 7 and using non nvidia stuff

i have intel i3 4150 with hd graphics 4400, 4 gigs of ram and win 7 64bit

now BEFORE you start critisising my 'OLD' computer with 'Rubbish" components, ill tell ye that the game runs smoothly at 50 fps in medium settings.

as none of the given solutions apply, a little help ?

aboctat

aboctat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

scratch that. to all who didnt get their their prblm fixed by the other solutions, go to documents>my games>hawken>hawkengame, and delete the folder 'config'. it often gets corrupted, and is not removed while uninstalling. dont woory, once you run the game, it'l come ack, no harm done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users