Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Glad HAWKEN is back online :D

Anyway....

I remember around a year ago when I pretty much played HAWKEN constantly, I could almost never get a good game on the Europe servers, there might be around 4-6 games on the entire region. This meant if I didn't want to wait ages during matchmaking or randomly join a server that was out of my skill level, I had to play on USA East servers. 140 ping might not be a problem on other games, but with how fast paced HAWKEN is, it was difficult to play to my full potential (Wow I feel fancy now)

Now the USA East region was buzzing with games, far more than any of the other regions. This was (and still is) because USA East is the default setting for server connection, meaning a lot of players who didn't realise you could change region played on those servers. This is probably the cause of the low numbers on other regions. 

From what i've heard from friends, the Asia and USA West regions are pretty much barren due to this.

This setting lead(s) to a vicious cycle. USA East servers had increased players due to the setting, and more players played on USA East because there were more players and matches.

What I propose is an Auto Connect option that will be the default setting for region. The drop down list should still exist so players can still choose regions if they want to.

This system will:

• Make the other regions less barren
  • Make the other region severs less of a waste of money/more useful
  • Help the difficulty curve with new players, HAWKEN is much harder to learn with 200 ping

I commented this on one of HAWKEN's facebook posts, so hopefully they read and noticed my idea.

Spoiler

If this has been suggested before, sorry, but thank you very much for listening :)

Tl:dr: Hawken matchmaking is broken (no really)

Edited by Rainbow_Sheep, 22 March 2015 - 07:17 AM.

• Miscellaneous, Meraple and Rajitha like this

Spoiler

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Guess I'll start the comment-train.

Hi.

• Rainbow_Sheep likes this

opicr0n

opicr0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Hi.

Please help keeping the forums clean by _not_ adding spam. If you have nothing usefull to say just dont respond. Sorry for the outcall but this ruined the old forums and I will report those kind of posts in the near future.

/ontopic:

The pingking (4-12ms) agrees that people should be put automatic in the right server regions.

Edited by opicr0n, 22 March 2015 - 07:35 AM.

• Elite_is_salty and Rainbow_Sheep like this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Hi.

Come-at-me-bro.jpg

Spoiler

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Please help keeping the forums clean by _not_ adding spam. If you have nothing usefull to say just dont respond.

It was very useful. It made me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Spoiler

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

Hi.

Really dude?

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Please help keeping the forums clean by _not_ adding spam. If you have nothing usefull to say just dont respond. Sorry for the outcall but this ruined the old forums and I will report those kind of posts in the near future.

I'd say there's nothing to be sorry about that, you have a good point.

EDIT:

To be actually ontopic I'm pretty sure it's set to EU by default for me.

Edited by Meraple, 22 March 2015 - 07:39 AM.

• opicr0n and Rainbow_Sheep like this

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

I'd say there's nothing to be sorry about that, you have a good point.

EDIT:

To be actually ontopic I'm pretty sure it's set to EU by default for me.

Huh. Well for me it's USA east and i'm right in the middle of England. I was also playing with some friends I met in a random game (On USA East) and they said they didn't realise you could change region. I think someone else said somewhere it is set to USA East by default but IDK

Spoiler

opicr0n

opicr0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

It was very useful. It made me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Fine. I cant argue with the OP if he thinks that Meraples post contributed to his thread ^^..

Edited by opicr0n, 22 March 2015 - 07:41 AM.

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

I live in Alaska. I play on east with 140 and do just fine. It sucks, but if you let ping define you, you'll never get better. All the Euro players complain about east, and I just have to deal with it. I agree with the auto assign region idea though. Maybe it'll get west some more traction.

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Thanks to Badtings for this awesome banner!

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

I live in Alaska. I play on east with 140 and do just fine. It sucks, but if you let ping define you, you'll never get better. All the Euro players complain about east, and I just have to deal with it. I agree with the auto assign region idea though. Maybe it'll get west some more traction.

Yeah :) Ping doesn't define how well you do in an FPS, but it sure as hell helps. I tend to play as infiltrator or grenadier on USA East and hitscan classes on EU because the additional ping is just enough to put me off slightly. But I really do agree, ping isn't something that should define you.

Edited by Rainbow_Sheep, 22 March 2015 - 07:53 AM.

Spoiler

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

For me ping seems to be a really big factor in how well i play, Usually i do nothing but die in Us games where my ping is around 160-200. I just simply miss half or more of the shots that should have hit. In Eu however, i do a lot better..  :rolleyes:

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

For me ping seems to be a really big factor in how well i play, Usually i do nothing but die in Us games where my ping is around 160-200. I just simply miss half or more of the shots that should have hit. In Eu however, i do a lot better..  :rolleyes:

Yeah, I remember playing reaper with the ripper on USA East and I thought it was crap, then when I worked out how to switch regions I realised how much better it was than I thought

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users