• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Interrobang87

Interrobang87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
I was hanging out in a hawken twitch chat and we got on the topic of our favorite skyrim mods (because tdm bunker)

So naturally I reinstalled skyrim for the millionth time and am wondering what mods to use on this playthrough. So what are some of your favorite mods and why?

Some of mine are
auto unequip arrows - obv
unread books glow - also obv
dual sheath redux - let's you actually have both 1h weapons visible when not in combat, like 2 swords across your back

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

I consider a no kill moves mod to be an essential part of Skyrim.

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

PsychedelicGrass

PsychedelicGrass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

I have like 200 or so mods, too many to list and i can't even remember what most of them are :/

Texture mods and new weapons/armor are mostly what I have.

There's this really sexy 1h/2h sword: http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/16991/?

Jaysus swords is also pretty cool: http://www.nexusmods...rim/mods/1002/?

UNP is also a must since I mostly play female characters and the default is ugly as hell. If you use UNP I can suggest some compatible armors that look good and aren't ridiculously skimpy/impractical/stupid looking like 99% of all armor/clothing mods.

Mods that improve lighting and water are also essential to me, although what looks good to me might look ugly to you; look around, a good lighting mod will improve the looks of the game by quite a lot with little to no performance impact.

Edited by PsychedelicGrass, 04 May 2015 - 04:52 PM.

What's the big fuzzy bunnyng deal? Lots of amazing people have committed suicide, and they turned out alright.

Interrobang87

Interrobang87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

so i went kind of nuts and spent about 5-6 hours getting new mods

some of the ones that stand out are

perkus maximus - huge overhaul of the perk trees, it's too cool to explain

Falskaar - basically an expansion pack made by a dude over a year, cant wait to play it

civil war overhaul - makes the imperial/stormcloak conflict actually interesting

i crave more mods! MOAR!

Pelanthoris

Pelanthoris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

I still think Morrowind is better :-/

"The vectors... The vectors are all wrong!" -Bum

PsychedelicGrass

PsychedelicGrass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Don't bother with civil war overhaul if you're using lots of other mods, i can guarantee you that the questline will screw up and you'll be unable to complete it. Any good it does is undone by the various issues it has and it can easily break your game. Even when it does work correctly it's really not as in-depth and interesting as the description makes it sound.

Edited by PsychedelicGrass, 07 May 2015 - 04:27 AM.

What's the big fuzzy bunnyng deal? Lots of amazing people have committed suicide, and they turned out alright.

Interrobang87

Interrobang87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Don't bother with civil war overhaul if you're using lots of other mods, i can guarantee you that the questline will screw up and you'll be unable to complete it. Any good it does is undone by the various issues it has and it can easily break your game. Even when it does work correctly it's really not as in-depth and interesting as the description makes it sound.

Thanks, I'll take that under advisement. Prob run through the main story line quick and then start the war quests just to be sure. Anyone recommend any good dungeon mods that don't break the game? The ones I've seen have tons of messy scripts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users