- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

BigBear_2

BigBear_2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Hi everyone, why not restore the mech as in previous versions. It is a good idea no ? I particularly address me at Capnjosh but others can also answer me :D

Nice day all.

P.S, i speak french, but you can speak in english too :)

Edited by BigBear_2, 03 May 2015 - 05:27 PM.

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

if you are referring to the tuning system it was removed because it had best builds for each mech, and unless you used that build you were limiting yourself.

• Miscellaneous and comic_sans like this

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

BaronSaturday

BaronSaturday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
I want to see it return, but with lateral progression. For instance, putting points into faster boost speeds reduces tank size. Higher DpS means more heat. Things like that. Build it so that you don't even have to tune to be viable, but you get a custom experience.

Edit: Also, make it so it's unique to each mech so it can be balanced better.

Edited by BaronSaturday, 03 May 2015 - 06:08 PM.

Technician | Fear the Beam | Support
Welcome to the End of Days
KHCwt3J.png
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]
Smoke this!

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

From what i have gathered from the streams and Q&As, (guestimate) i feel the devs plan to work with hawken as it is, improving it, its been redone twice totally changing it both times, i both wonder if it would survive/be good if it happened again. not to mention the load of balancing that would require.

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

Non, parce qu'il n'a pas �quilibr�. 

Edited by Silverfire, 03 May 2015 - 07:19 PM.

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
I speak French, translation:

Non, parce que il n'a pas �quilibr�.

No because there is no balancebalance (if we implement it.)

I think that we can balance it but personally I like the game how it is right now....

Edited by Grollourdo, 03 May 2015 - 07:21 PM.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Yeah the old devs were constantly messing with the tuning system. It was sort of fun but they never did manage to get it working right. JackVandal is right. There was a certain build for each mech that was best and if you didn't use that build, well you were weaker. This is a great game but from a devs point of view this thing is a nightmare to get right. So many little things to go wrong. I don't envy them working on it. Any yeah I very seriously doubt they will be doing any major changes this early, maybe never. I think they are looking for some minor fine tuning, setting up servers and maybe adding some maps, skins and stuff.

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

BaronSaturday

BaronSaturday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Yeah the old devs were constantly messing with the tuning system. It was sort of fun but they never did manage to get it working right. JackVandal is right. There was a certain build for each mech that was best and if you didn't use that build, well you were weaker. This is a great game but from a devs point of view this thing is a nightmare to get right. So many little things to go wrong. I don't envy them working on it. Any yeah I very seriously doubt they will be doing any major changes this early, maybe never. I think they are looking for some minor fine tuning, setting up servers and maybe adding some maps, skins and stuff.

Agreed. I'd imagine the first balance patch will be addressing the Tech+Incin combo, minor fixes to the reaper, scanner tweaking. I'm actually really wanting a client patch.

KHCwt3J.png
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]
Smoke this!

BigBear_2

BigBear_2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

it's a shame :((

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

I want to see it return, but with lateral progression. For instance, putting points into faster boost speeds reduces tank size. Higher DpS means more heat. Things like that. Build it so that you don't even have to tune to be viable, but you get a custom experience.

Edit: Also, make it so it's unique to each mech so it can be balanced better.

Even with lateral progression, there will still be ideal builds for mechs unfortunately.

It might be slightly better than the tuning system, but the same problem is still there

Spoiler

BaronSaturday

BaronSaturday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Even with lateral progression, there will still be ideal builds for mechs unfortunately.

It might be slightly better than the tuning system, but the same problem is still there

It just needs to be balance tested by us before release. Get 5 or 6 top mmr guys, a few middle and a few lower. Test it until everything is viable. Hell, keep it as a back burner subject. Let each change be tested thoroughly.

KHCwt3J.png
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]
Smoke this!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users