• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

I was playing Saturday and there were a couple of good TDMs running in Aus.

The one with people I know and like playing with was out of my fitness range : /

The other was almost out of my fitness range so I just managed to get in there.

The legacy of playing with my brother, when Hawken was in a slump those months ago, has tanked my MMR.

Can we have an option that we can be invited into a server regardless of fitness range?

I don't expect to walk into high or low MMR games uninvited, but when they want more players then why enforce fitness?

I don't have time to grind my MMR back up to get into games, and I don't think I should be forced to play out of region or against bots just to get in a game.

PS: Sydney could use another TDM server

Cheers,

6ixxer

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Wow lol I was about to suggest something on this topic

But a Lil different...

A button or a command to turn off MMR calculating until it is turned back on.

This "on/off switch" would only be available at the starting garage so that you can't use it during a match. This could prevent any abuse of the system.

So in the end you turn off, your MMR won't change, you turn on your MMR will change.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

Draigun

Draigun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Some valid points that should be looked into, most notably the lackluster amount of servers for Australia.

Oddly enough, after a certain period of time when using matchmaking, it will place you into a server that does not take MMR fitness range into account. I've witnessed a 2050 MMR difference between low to high once after a long wait for matchmaking (900-2950). If I recall, Adhesive introduced this change to the system's logic in order to compensate for the low player base and the everlasting 'Queued...' message that many were complaining about.

However, without a fitness range to limit the chances of a server turning into a pubstomp, it could cause the matchmaking system to lose its conceived effectiveness at finding the appropriate matches�in the most general sense. That being said though�with an already low player base�it certainly is uncommon to find an ideal match when given specific circumstances.

It's a solution, but for a problem that only exists because of Hawken's issues. If we can find a solution that lasts and fixes the issues, the game can be played as intended, without compensation for an unintended and undesirable change. Otherwise, you'd end up having to find another solution for a solution that you thought could provide a solution to a problem. That's not a bright future for Hawken, in my opinion.

TpsOr7F.png

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
Remove MM already, it is only causing trouble.

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Meh idk....

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

I do agree with you to an extent here, 6ixxer. I would love to invite you to one of the AU "event" matches - although they are just normal matches. Our problem though is that we have some talented players with 2.1k MMR. :/ To ignore MMR on "invites", I think that it would be a good idea.

Pelanthoris

Pelanthoris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Maybe a quick poll for those in a match? Do you want to reject invitation of *high mmr player* to the match? Silence means yes...

"The vectors... The vectors are all wrong!" -Bum

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

Ah well, I played last night and did a bit of stomping. Rare for me, I usually am trying hard not to get stomped (that's not a complaint. I WANT challenging).

Its been a long time since I heard double-kill, triple kill so often. I went up 20-30 MMR over a couple of hours. And that was an unscheduled session that I don't normally get.

Soo at this rate, it'll only be about 3-4 months before I catch up to where I probably need to be, to get into the matches that I want to be challenged with : /

Open invites would be nice, but it might take even more months before it could be implemented.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users