- - - - - Server List

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

L_evis

L_evis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

What about leave server list only for private servers? Maybe then autobalance can do his work better? What do you think about this, guys?

BaronSaturday

BaronSaturday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
I like it. And make the 6v6 work again.

Technician | Fear the Beam | Support
Welcome to the End of Days
KHCwt3J.png
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]
Smoke this!

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

I personally like the server browser.

It shows me if there are servers availible for me - and if so, how many, etc.

I also prefer 6v6 over bigger servers.

Edited by (KDR) Meraple, 04 May 2015 - 02:14 AM.

• bacon_avenger, Houruck and SOD_CyberTormentor like this

Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

The list itself has nothing to do with the auto balance. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this but I think you mean the matchmaker function.
The matchmaker accesses the list to find you the best ping and then drops you in that server. A lot of people never use the matchmaker however so the server list is very important. 

I for one only ever use the server list whether accessing my own private servers or any other for that matter. Many people do this. 

Could you clarify what you mean please L_evis. :)

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

L_evis

L_evis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

I mean, that a lot of situations when people go to server list, select game from it and ruins balance in that matches. This happens not every time of course but happens. Sorry my bad english :)

Derpy Hooves

Derpy Hooves

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

I like server list, he's a good friend of mine, very knowledgable in lots of things. But his knowledge is only accessable to those who know how to speak emptiness.

tTIViUr.png

teeth_03

teeth_03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
I use the server browser so I can pick the closest 66T server that is populated at least half way.

Lioot

Lioot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

I don't think this is a good idea, especially for the Asia-Oceania region.

Living in Australia, pings to the Tokyo and Singapore servers make the game unplayable, hence why the server browser is needed. Without it, match making will be putting me and other Australian onto those servers, making it not fun

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
I'd rather not. Because currently the server browser is used to join decent matches and the mm is used if the first case is not happening. That results in even more imbalance.

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

n3onfx

n3onfx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

The server list allows to see there is a 2-3 star server that's rolling over or full so I know that I can wait a bit and then join that one for better games.

It's a better option then clicking on "queue" and either wait a minute to be dumped into a no-star server and ruin the experience for people in there, or if available be put in a random 1 star server that's also going to have a bad experience.

In fact server list allows for the opposite of what you say, see if there's games we can join where both us and the players inside will have more fun.

edit: Oh and it also allows to not go into servers where there's a 2v2 or 3v3 going on.

Edited by n3onfx, 04 May 2015 - 06:15 AM.

• Guns_N_Rozer and Meraple like this

t

t

DWEH3ZP.png   CRITICAL  RqKpxHn.png    ASSIST   VDNrFxD.png

t

t

OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

I normally only have 1-3 severs open to me. So, server browser is important to find out what match is there and what isn't. That is the only way I can found a decent game. otherwise, I am waiting 20 minutes using the automatchmaking. 

High MMR causes so many problems. 

Edited by Omega, 04 May 2015 - 06:49 AM.

Scootin' 'n Shoot | Bawlin' 'n Brawlin' | Ragin' 'n Raidin'

ca62ab9a-2ce9-4a20-b368-0cde03b1331d.png

"Velocitas et Eradico"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users