- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Silk_Sk

Silk_Sk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

There was a time. A time when new players picked up Hawken and were instantly hooked. A time when servers were full and spirits were high. During this time, a new player would earn tons of early HC and feel like they could play the game forever. They were being tricked, of course. Once the initial surge of service award HC ran out, they found they had to grind to get those nice new mechs and parts. But it was too late. They were addicted. They loved the game and they couldn't stop. Player retention was at an all time high.

And then...the devs removed the HC bonuses from service awards. They claimed the economy was unbalanced. Whatever they thought they were doing, it was the beginning of the end for Hawken. Faced with the inexorable grind right from the start, new players stopped sticking around. The joyous time was lost and Hawken began to fade.

It is time to correct this error. Bring back the HC bonuses. Bring back the diabolical grip this game once had on everyone's souls. Sure, many service awards have already been earned by players who will never see their credits. Just give them something like 10,000 HC as an apology. A small sacrifice for a greater cause.

Edited by Silk_Sk, 22 March 2015 - 07:58 AM.

• OneSevenOne likes this

Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

capnjosh pls

pls

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

I played on a smurf I didn't remember I had a few days ago on which I've never played before.

The HC bonuses were still there, so not sure how this works?

Silk_Sk

Silk_Sk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

I played on a smurf I didn't remember I had a few days ago on which I've never played before.

The HC bonuses were still there, so not sure how this works?

It wasn't removed for all of the awards. Just 99% of them.

Guns_N_Rozer

Guns_N_Rozer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts

we need Double or Triple XP boost week or month ...may be we can get more pilot  :rolleyes: ....but currently Devs r too busy with to stabilize the Hawken...they r working on it so hard...so be passion  and we need to help them ...everything will be fine than past  :yes: we just need to wait ...see u in the battle

Silk_Sk

Silk_Sk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

we need Double or Triple XP boost week or month ...may be we can get more pilot  :rolleyes: ....but currently Devs r too busy with to stabilize the Hawken...they r working on it so hard...so be passion  and we need to help them ...everything will be fine than past  :yes: we just need to wait ...see u in the battle

Understandable. But I still hope they make this a priority. In my opinion, this was what began to kill Hawken.

Nightfirebolt

Nightfirebolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

I'm pretty sure this isn't what "killed" Hawken, but I don't see why we can't bring back some small HC boosts with these awards.

The service awards do feel pretty pointless when they just end up dumping onto your Universal XP pool (and are usually wasted, mine's been full for ages).

Edited by Nightfirebolt, 23 March 2015 - 04:20 PM.

Jerv

Jerv

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

The insufferable grind for HC is why I rarely play Hawken. At roughly 800 HC for every hour I am on the map regardless of my personal performance, once you account for time respawning,  in the garage, or between matches, it takes at least 2 hours to buy the cheapest upgrade, about 8-10 hours for a weapon, and about 20 hours for a new mech.

For competent player, it's faster to download MWO, learn to play it, and fill your garage with multiple upgraded 'mechs than it is to buy and upgrade even one mech in Hawken. More importantly, there is no financial incentive to perform well in Hawken, nor is there any penalty for YOLOing since you get paid the same either way, and your odds of victory are pretty much 50/50 as one is teamed with and facing peopel of roughly equal skill.

• treichle and OneSevenOne like this

Still recovering from a neurological incident, spent a couple months learning how to walk without a cane,

figured I'd try a fast-paced game to see if I could get my reflexes back to where they were.

Garage:

A - Infiltrator, Reaper, Technician, Scout

B - Assault (x2), Predator, Raider

C - Brawler, Vanguard, Incinerator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users