- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

therockthatknows

therockthatknows

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Came back to find the game has been turned into some hitscan-centric, ultra-long-range spamfest. Please, no. It ruins it. Movement doesn't matter when anyone can track you with their cursor and deal outrageous damage at any range.

The game used to be about high-octane close-quarters maneuvering and dodging projectiles. Maybe you'd catch the enemy with hitscen if they retreated with a sliver of HP left. That's very different and a lot more fun than coming into every fight and just hitscan-sniping. It's so much worse like this, I don't remotely understand why it was changed. My only idea is that it was an attempt to casualize the game to get more players.

• DerMax and CrimsonKaim like this

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

My favorite things about hawken are the unique projectile weapons and the movement meta.

But don't mind me, I'm fully "casualized" .

Edited by Dustin, 05 May 2015 - 09:43 AM.

• Odinous likes this

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

I personally main FLAK Brawler and Vulcan Grenadier atm, both of which do zero-to-none damage with their Primary outside of CQC.

Ontop of that, they're so slow they can't chase too succesfully.

Yet I do fine most of the time - sure there are a few snipers here and there, but I don't consider them too much of a problem.

Just try to stick behind cover untill there's an enemy in range, and then unload on his/her face.

Another option's to quickly move from cover to cover, slowly closing the gap between you and the enemy.

My guess is that you got into a Bunker match, where there's lots of open, snowy fields and most people went sniping?

CQC classes are still usable there, it's just not as optimal. (and simply a pain to use there imo)

• LaurenEmily likes this

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Yo watcha talking about? Vulcan has actually the highest damage on long range amongst sustained weapons lol.

Still enough to finish A-Classes.

But even new palyers already notice the hitscan, long range harrass gameplay. Though, orblord seems not to be noticed.

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Yo watcha talking about? Vulcan has actually the highest damage on long range amongst sustained weapons lol.

Still enough to finish A-Classes.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad accuracy says hi.

Compare the Vulcan's DPS at mid- to long-ranges to actual long- and mid-range weapons.

Numbers from a sheet won't cut it with this, considering the Vulcan's spread.

Edited by (KDR) Meraple, 05 May 2015 - 08:51 AM.

• Odinous likes this

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

Did you play a match on Bazaar and quit? Maps like wreckage, origin, uptown, prosk, and if you're a raider player, bunker, offer some pretty intense point blank combat.

I can assure you, high octane cqb play still exists, Even with "Sniper" mechs.

Edited by Hyginos, 05 May 2015 - 08:59 AM.

• brackets and CraftyDus like this

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

BIsmuthZornisse

BIsmuthZornisse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

i wouldn't mind increasing the time it takes to destroy an enemy a little, but having long range is kind of the point of cannons and missiles. modern military vehicles use weaponry with ranges measured in kilometers. surely, in the far future, even a junk mech's weapon can clear a few hundred meters.

if you want close range, you might as well use mechsized clubs.

or stick a bomb onto the enemy mech and then run like hell.

• Odinous likes this

I have a lot of ideas and would like some feedback on them:

Suggestions for fixing things:

https://community.pl...of-suggestions/

Suggestions for new things:

https://community.pl...for-new-things/

therockthatknows

therockthatknows

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

i wouldn't mind increasing the time it takes to destroy an enemy a little, but having long range is kind of the point of cannons and missiles. modern military vehicles use weaponry with ranges measured in kilometers. surely, in the far future, even a junk mech's weapon can clear a few hundred meters.

if you want close range, you might as well use mechsized clubs.

or stick a bomb onto the enemy mech and then run like hell.

It isn't about what's realistic, it's about what makes a fun game. If this game was designed around realism we wouldn't be piloting mechs at all.

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
I personally like the fact that hawken right now has ALOT of playstyles yo chose from XD

Why surpress that by making EVERYONE have to conform to the close combat ....
I think it gives the game a Lil spice of viarity.

Yeah.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users