- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Paragon19

Paragon19

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I just played a few siege matches for the first time.  I really like the idea of it, but it felt like I didn't really make any kind of difference in the match, especially when it came to trying to control the AA battery.  Someone in there called it the "grinder", and overall feelings about the match seemed frustrated.  Once a battleship launches, everyone in the match is at the same part of the map, and it's essentially just a frenzy, with no real tactics involved on the team level.

But what if there was more than one AA on the map?  Defense and capture of the AA batteries would become a more strategic matter, instead of a frenetic, zero-sum mess of bullets and explosives in one place on the map.  Identifying which AA needed better defense, or which was weaker for the taking would make things more complex and (I think) fun.  Plus it would probably cut down on some of the frustration I imagine people may feel in the mode.  It would also make it harder for one team to gain a distinct advantage early in the game, as battleships would likely fall faster, and it would make concurrent launches (from each team) less problematic.  If it seems the battleships falling too fast, they could always be beefed up too.

Anyway, that's just my idea.

• comic_sans likes this

Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Nice idea - but it would require some serious map redesign to both make it enjoyable and fair.

• Odinous likes this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Personally I think it's fine as is. Reminds me of a King of the Hill styled mode.

Besides, Missile Assault is kinda like what you suggested. Without the EU gathering, yes, but multiple AAs are closer to what MA offers.

• opicr0n and Odinous like this

opicr0n

opicr0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
I dont know OP mmr level. But having fought in more high mmr servers you will get to enjoy them more.

Last weekend we finished an 20/0 siege game which lasted 45mins ;). Awesome!
  • Odinous likes this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

Tankman95

Tankman95

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

I love those siege matches :D Very rare these days but they happen every now and then.

If the teams are balanced or at least all players attempt to capture the AA, strategy becomes more important.

"I loved Battlestar Galactica. Chewbacca was my favorite Klingon in it."

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

I dont know OP mmr level. But having fought in more high mmr servers you will get to enjoy them more.

Oh the memories of the times I used to finish 4/0 .... Its true XS the match was SOOOOOOOOOOO epic!!!! XD

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Personally I think it's fine as is. Reminds me of a King of the Hill styled mode.

Besides, Missile Assault is kinda like what you suggested. Without the EU gathering, yes, but multiple AAs are closer to what MA offers.

Tho I agree wig panz

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

BluetoothBoy

BluetoothBoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Actually, tactics are what make - or break - most Siege games. It requires more tactics than any of the other game modes available. Play more matches, and eventually you'll get a good one and see what I mean. It might just take a while. ;)

Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Oh damn it...those kinda of sieges...make you love hawken everytime more and more!!!  :wub:

When i started playing hawken,back then,tdm was the only match i was playing for a month or two,i wanted to get the feel of the game,then ma was my first choice,but after u find a great group(and ofc great enemy team too) and play a thrilling siege map,u will never quit on sieging,or hawken :P

Edited by Odinous, 06 May 2015 - 06:21 PM.

• opicr0n likes this

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Oh damn it...those kinda of sieges...make you love hawken everytime more and more!!! :wub:
When i started playing hawken,back then,tdm was the only match i was playing for a month or two,i wanted to get the feel of the game,then ma was my first choice,but after u find a great group(and ofc great enemy team too) and play a thrilling siege map,u will never quit on sieging,or hawken :P

Oh I know the feeling ;)
  • Odinous likes this

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users