• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Sush, who of us uses scanner on a freadatoar?

To the OP:
While it actually makes sense and is kind of logical, I wouldn't recommend to buff the scanner. There is a reason the nickname scancers exist.

We all did crazy things in our past that make us want to hang ourselves when we think about them afterwards.

Seriously though, i don't do it anymore, simply unfair.

• CrimsonKaim likes this

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

Pelanthoris

Pelanthoris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
I never contibuted to the big scanner discussion thread, but I agree that it needs an overhaul. No sense in talking about buff or nerf, but rework. I'm strongly against making it "usable" rather than "deployable". IMHO it should not be "I see you" item, but something that warns you when someone is trying to flank. I think it should pick up things that mech radar does, so it would kind of extend the range of your own radar. Maybe share it with team.

Edited by Pelanthoris, 08 May 2015 - 01:04 PM.

"The vectors... The vectors are all wrong!" -Bum

PepeKenobi

PepeKenobi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

I think that a good first step would be adjusting the ratio of its action umbrella and basing its functionality by motion detection only.

This way cloacked mechs not moving would not be rendered on radar, thing which i find to be like pretty coherent (too).

*Fun over realism if you want? :teehee:

Note ::: IIRC, I've already said it but there's also the possibility of having 2 types of Scanners (at the end):

The current one we have right now coherently revised and a new brand version of it (requiring more slots to be equipped) with wider action umbrella and, why not, even equipped with some extra gear like a little e-shield or even self-cloacking... just an idea though.

Plus the possiblity as you guys suggested above as one longer durability, etc.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users