• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Can we fix this stupid fuzzy bunny already? There's no reason to throw me in a server with one other person having difficulties finding a match for the exact opposite reason as me when there are multiple higher-MMR rooms open. 

PT3M4cC.jpg

• IareDave and DeeRax like this

d1eZeG3.png

IareDave

IareDave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
I'm surprised that's still an issue. Prior to the matchmaking fix I would constantly get stuck with the lowest of low MMRs but the system has been working correctly for me as of late.

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

It's happened to me twice today, but I agree that it used to be a lot bigger of an issue before that change. I still get it pretty frequently whenever I try to play DM at times when most NA players are asleep, though. 

d1eZeG3.png

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Yep. I get this all the time.....

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Thanks to Badtings for this awesome banner!

Titanus

Titanus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

i have a really hard time finding servers available to me now

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

I still don't get why good players even use the MM. I'm not even that good and I don't use it cuz I know how fuzzy bunny of a server I'm gonna get into.

Just get off yo bums and use the hawken heroku app to find servers that you can have fun in.

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

I can hardly ever join servers through the browser due to MMR restrictions, so quickmatch is the only option available to me 75%+ of the time.  

• IareDave and comic_sans like this

d1eZeG3.png

Fulano2

Fulano2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Yeah, I was matched against IareDave recently and felt like an ant against a dinossaur...

I don't mean to blame IareDave for this, he wants to play as me, and he has the right to play as I have, but I think this problem can only be solved with a bigger playerbase, which should be one of the priorities of the new company that acquired the game, IMO.

• spinningchurro likes this

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

The new MM threw me (16 MMR) into a DM with jeffmagnum, too.  I only saw short glimpses of his scout chassis in my periphery as I flailed about to get a bead on him, promptly followed by the garage.  I had fun with it, tho.

Edited by coldform, 13 May 2015 - 08:46 PM.

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

IareDave

IareDave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Yeah, I was matched against IareDave recently and felt like an ant against a dinossaur...

giphy.gif

Edited by IareDave, 13 May 2015 - 08:47 PM.

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

I don't mean to blame IareDave for this, he wants to play as me, and he has the right to play as I have, but I think this problem can only be solved with a bigger playerbase, which should be one of the priorities of the new company that acquired the game, IMO.

Dave is actually a duck.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

IareDave

IareDave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Dave is actually a duck.

I played duck duck goose with your mom last night.

I won. 

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

I played duck duck goose with your mom last night.

I won. 

Dave, unlike you, my mom's not in kindergarten. Of course she let you win.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, 13 May 2015 - 09:13 PM.

• Silverfire and Merl61 like this

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts
OHSH!TSON

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Dave, unlike you, my mom's not in kindergarten. Of course she let you win.

REKT. U fokin wot m7?

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Thanks to Badtings for this awesome banner!

spinningchurro

spinningchurro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Is there a perfect solution to this that is yet not implemented?

Or is the harsh reality that S-class MMR players will have to deal with some form of this phenomena for the life of the game?

Edited by spinningchurro, 14 May 2015 - 12:02 AM.

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

I don't see any reason why they should have to. I only queue for DM when I check hawken.herokuapp and see that there are servers that'd be at least somewhat fun, so putting me in preexisting matches instead of with one other low-MMR player also having difficulty finding a game seems like a much better solution. I'm have no idea who designed the system to do this or why they thought it was a good idea. 

The new MM threw me (16 MMR) into a DM with jeffmagnum, too.  I only saw short glimpses of his scout chassis in my periphery as I flailed about to get a bead on him, promptly followed by the garage.  I had fun with it, tho.

That's over twice my MMR, so I'm not sure why we ended up playing together. This just proves the point I was making with this thread.

d1eZeG3.png

Fulano2

Fulano2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

giphy.gif

No, it was a T Rex, not this raptor =D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users