• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Analysis

Analysis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

I've been playing some games after not playing for several months. I'm noticing my ping has a huge range and I'm wondering if the servers are having issues.

I'm in Oregon, but I'm generally forced to play US-East for the moment do to the small player population(hopefully this changes in the months to come).

Back in November I would get a range of 20-60 ping in US-West (typical ping was 28). On US-East I would typically get around 80-90 where the most common was 88.

Currently I'm getting ranges from 20-168 on US-West(only one game with 20 ping). I've had several games were my ping was fixed at 156. My ping seems mostly around 108-112 on US-West. What is curious is I often have a better ping on US-East servers than US-West now. On US-East I often have 84-102.

I haven't switched providers and I'm not downloading anything.

Eyes Only

Eyes Only

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

I have varying pings across the same region. its strange.

It was the last dance for birth. The portrait to the path to our ascension. Slowly slipped away; the day we came together.

Analysis

Analysis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

I have varying pings across the same region. its strange.

What is your ping range on US-West and US-East currently and what was your ping range in the past?

OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Ping issues were thanks to some DB issues. 

Scootin' 'n Shoot | Bawlin' 'n Brawlin' | Ragin' 'n Raidin'

ca62ab9a-2ce9-4a20-b368-0cde03b1331d.png

"Velocitas et Eradico"

Ashfire908

Ashfire908

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Ping issues were thanks to some DB issues.

Ping issues weren't.
Creator of ScrimBot and other community tools.

[kloeri] And we're done for now with all the rebooting.. except for a single server that will be rebooted when it's done pretending it's a tree.

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

Ash, others, some data:

I happen to be able to enter Amazon's network from a few different cities around the country.

Austin today, 154ms

Atlanta, 148ms

Ashburn VA, 88ms

Dallas (VzT interface) 54ms

Dallas (Brocade) 128ms

I would think AWS Elastic Cloud is having some issues today.

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

bkcat1

bkcat1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

I am having PRECISELY the same issue. Sometimes the ping is fantastic, and sometimes it hikes up to near-unplayable levels and stays there.

Analysis

Analysis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

I am having PRECISELY the same issue. Sometimes the ping is fantastic, and sometimes it hikes up to near-unplayable levels and stays there.

Glad to see this isn't an isolated problem. I just want to know if the servers have changed or downgraded in anyway since the acquisition.

talon70

talon70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

US west used to be in LA. Then it moved to Seattle area, you should ping them sweet now.

Pretty sure UScentral merged with east and is now aka: the 1400 servers. I hope it stays this way because the dallas servers are finally being used and really host the best games.  Most players will ping 50's which is a happy medium. Great games when all pilots are similar ping latency.  That is why there is the discrepancy in ping in USE.

It seems the game waits for the worse ping to report..... over and over... then add someone is trying to talk.... thats the problem baggage and technical debt to overcome imho . Put the default region to the lowest ping area.  Put the default region to the lowest ping area for the pilot logging on .

Edited by talon70, 21 March 2015 - 10:12 PM.

Z1Alpha

Z1Alpha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

For me this as always been a issue. I go down all the way to 16, then go up to 800+. No idea why, not downloading anything. I just accept my fate and lay in the back for it to cool down.

image.jpg

- How fine you look when dressed in rage. Your enemies are fortunate your

condition is not permanent. You're lucky, too. Mad eyes suit so few. -

Analysis

Analysis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

US west used to be in LA. Then it moved to Seattle area, you should ping them sweet now.

Well I'm close to Portland which is within 200 miles of Seattle. LA is around 950 miles from where I am. So I should have a much better ping currently, but I don't.

Analysis

Analysis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Just played a few matches on US-East. First game was at 80-90 ping. The second and third games were at 168-180 throughout the match.

What is curious is the 80-90 ping(first game) game was in the same server as the 168-180(game 2) ping game. Please look at the servers. I want to enjoy Hawken again, but this is proving difficult. The third game I switched servers and the ping was in the range of 168-188. 

Game 4 missile assault had a ping of 172-176.

Game 5 missile assault had a solid 176 ping.

Game 6/7 team death match solid 88 ping in play. Someone said this server was in Central.

Edited by Analysis, 22 March 2015 - 06:52 PM.

gopherAnime

gopherAnime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Before RG buyout: 220-300 ping, usually 250 & pretty consistent for months.

After buyout: 190-250, erratic within the ping range. It felt like they restarted the servers or something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users