• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

I'm interested in getting some clarification on the calculations behind the fuel converter. Specifically:

• Is there a base amount of fuel that the converter will supply once damage is taken? For example, the basic fuel converter's description says it will convert 1% of damage taken into fuel. Does that mean that if I get hit with 10 damage that the converter will only supply .1L of fuel? Or is there a base amount like 1L that the converter will supply regardless of how little damage I take?
  • Does the fuel converter round to full liters in general? Or will it supply fuel down to the tenths or hundredths of a liter?

Edited by TheButtSatisfier, 14 May 2015 - 07:48 AM.

8) Tech in the streets, Brawler in the sheets (8

Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
From what I understand is that it's 10% and 20% for basic and regular fuel converters without a minimum amount supplied regardless of damage. 10 damage would either bring 1 liter or 2 liters. 1 damage would be 0.1 or 0.2 liters. I suspect the game can calculate the fuel by at least two digits of accuracy after the decimal point, because of the fuel regen info supplied.

Otherwise I can't say for sure if the game actually rounds the fuel gained into a natural value. What makes you suspect that it might do so?
  • Guns_N_Rozer, Flifang and TheButtSatisfier like this

Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

That is also my understanding of the fuel converter mechanics. I'm pretty certain this information is correct.

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Otherwise I can't say for sure if the game actually rounds the fuel gained into a natural value. What makes you suspect that it might do so?

I was probably thrown off since the in-game description for a basic fuel converter says "Convert 1.0% of damage taken into fuel", so I became confused when I saw a lot more fuel being converted than 1% of damage taken. I postulated that there may have been rounding or minimum values involved, but I decided to just ask here since I didn't have much to go off of.

When I read "Convert 1.0% of damage taken into fuel" I figured that meant simply what it said: you get 1% damage reduction, and in turn that 1% of damage you would have taken is instead applied as liters of fuel. Since that's not the case, does that mean that the description for a basic fuel converter should read something like, "10% of damage taken is supplied as fuel; only reduces damage taken by 1%"? Or does the fuel converter do 10% for both? I assume it's the former because the latter would be OP as hell.

Edited by TheButtSatisfier, 14 May 2015 - 11:04 AM.

Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

It doesn't reduce the damage you take (although the name and description would make sense for that), it's only extra fuel for damage taken. It really should read "You gain extra fuel for taking damage. Fuel gained is 10%/20% of damage taken." Or something to that effect. You're not the only one who's understanding that it reduces the damage you take and converts that damage into fuel.

• KirkGoneWild, TheButtSatisfier and FairyPrincess315 like this

FairyPrincess315

FairyPrincess315

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

It doesn't reduce the damage you take (although the name and description would make sense for that), it's only extra fuel for damage taken. It really should read "You gain extra fuel for taking damage. Fuel gained is 10%/20% of damage taken." Or something to that effect. You're not the only one who's understanding that it reduces the damage you take and converts that damage into fuel.

I'll be damned. That description should be changed. Thanks for the clarification.

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Cool, thank you. The description certainly led me astray.

Edit: yes, that is my alt account above. I replied on the wrong account, but I'm keeping the message the same.

Edited by TheButtSatisfier, 18 April 2016 - 02:08 PM.

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

You're not the only one who's understanding that it reduces the damage you take and converts that damage into fuel.

*cough*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users