- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Jimbolicious

Jimbolicious

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I just downloaded Hawken from Steam and after the intro video where is shows the mechs in combat, the screen goes black then crashes to the desktop saying there was a fatal error.

Here is my PC spec.

AMD FX-8320 8 core 8 threads.

ASUSTek-M5A78L-M/USB3.

8GBytes Kingston HyperX DDR3 Dual Memory.

AMD Radeon HD 7800-1000MHZ-2048MBytes.

Windows 8.1 64 bit pro.

LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

File a support ticket here first. You could try this on your own until you get a response, not sure what the problem is though, your specs are fine. 

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

Go and delete the into video(s)

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Most likely this is a 3D rendering issue with your gpu. I'd recommend checking your settings first, if you've been customizing them. If not sorry: skip this post. :)

Ensure your Vision Engine Control or Catalyst Control Center graphics (gaming & performance) are all set to Default, and if you are overclocking the gpu card and/or cpu, back them off to default as well (this happens to me if I set my cpu above 4.5GHz, i have no idea why). If you get the crash dump report notification download advisory, don't bother following up on it: it's at least 3 years obsolete (designed for Win XP 64-bit only).

I'd also recommend downloading Open Hardware or Core Temp monitor (free downloads) so you can get a fairly accurate idea of your temps as well. <90degC for (AMD HD/FX) gpu, <60degC for cpu (for AMD83XX series) should keep you safe.

also see this for helps:  http://www.overclock....php/3-AMD-CPUs

Edited by em1o, 29 May 2015 - 03:15 AM.

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users