• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Hek_naw

Hek_naw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Seeing as there doesn't seem to be a thread specific to this area of the game, I started this so everyone can contribute on related things they want to see improved or fixed. :smile:

Even though there are lots of quirks in the GUI that require attention, I'm gonna begin with a few of them.

1) Better feedback when waiting for the matchmaker

Right now, if the matchmaker takes longer than just a few seconds to find you a match, you have no indication of how long that might be, nor how long it takes before it times out.

I wish there was a text line under the QUEUED button showing progress, i.e. alternating between "Signing in the matchmaker", "Looking for open matches", "Looking for players to start a new match", "X matching players on queue", "XX seconds until timeout", etc. Something that helped throughout the wait.

2) Get rid of unnecessary dialog confirmations

When you invite someone to a game, when you send a buddy request, when you aren't in a game and get a party invite, there's many situations when the game pops up a dialog for confirmation, interrupting normal use of the menus. You have to click through signs that could right as well be shown as notifications at the bottom. It's annoying.

3) Default key for showing the scoreboard (TAB) is also the key for changing focus between GUI menu elements

This one is a little annoyance for anyone who is chatting, while the GUI is focused on the chat window, and wants to see the current scores.  :pinch:  This should be reworked somehow.

Edited by Hek_naw, 07 June 2015 - 06:34 PM.

• talons1337, Liederkranz and Zuurkern like this

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Seeing as there doesn't seem to be a thread specific to this area of the game, I started this so everyone can contribute on related things they want to see improved or fixed. :smile:

Even though there are lots of quirks in the GUI that require attention, I'm gonna begin with a few of them.

1) Better feedback when waiting for the matchmaker

For some strange reason, memories of the '90s and being on dial-up, watching that RealPlayer "Buffering..." progress bar (not) moving, just popped into my head.

:D

But...yes. Even that would give some idea as to the 15 seconds, or 2 minutes, or what?

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
I just want a Lil simple mini game when sycing accounts and all... IT TAKES SOOO LONG!!!
  • talons1337 and SOD_CyberTormentor like this

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

spinningchurro

spinningchurro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

The addition of an online status and the ability to change it (online, away, idle, queuing) to notify other players in-game of your status.  Often I get messages or send messages with no way of knowing if someone is looking through the garage or whatnot or simply has tabbed into another window/program.

• Zuurkern and Hek_naw like this

Hek_naw

Hek_naw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Yeah Syncing sometimes takes too long, but even when it doesn't the game usually syncs every time you change from one screen to the next.  It's silly at best.

• talons1337 likes this

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Yeah Syncing sometimes takes too long, but even when it doesn't the game usually syncs every time you change from one screen to the next. It's silly at best.

Lol but still it would be cool to have a Lil mini game... XD

Also... Sometimes It doesn't syc up... XD lol

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

talons1337

talons1337

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

What's worse is you can't do anything while you wait the 2 hours it takes to sync.

When in doubt, attack your own team. You will still get points for it!

5Fv3Gsb.jpg

NBv9U8X.gif

Hek_naw

Hek_naw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Yes! If you could at least catch up with anyone else online. "-Hey man, wanna play MA?" "-Sure, let's" "-Okay just hold on a minute while this finishes syncing. I'll make a party in the meanwhile" "-Aight!"

NRgyk64

NRgyk64

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Just a thing i just saw. We can't know in what gamemode is playing a friend. It could be good.

I mean, i have friends that have a MMR much higher than mine. I can play with them in coop TDM, but i don't want to join them in TDM and to ruin their game.

• DM30 and Hek_naw like this

Liederkranz

Liederkranz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Agreed to almost everything posted above.

The Syncing Account could be informed in a different way. Te actual overlay prevents you from interacting and in some cases it takes longer than usual, resulting in a "Syncing Account" overlay and the match beneath it, people chatting, etc. It feels like looking outside through a locked window and see all your friends playing in the park and you can't even talk to them (ok, you can pull down the console and chat via the "say" command, but you know what I mean).

When the matchmaker finds you a match, there's a 10 second countdown prior to actually joining that match. I suggest that countdown lowered to 5 seconds or even removed. If I summarize all the 10 second countdowns in the over 1000 hours played I'm sure I spent at least one full day just waiting for a match to start.

Edited by Liederkranz, 10 June 2015 - 12:00 PM.

Cybrex: Predators hunt from above.

MessyBopzz: like jesus?

Cybrex: Better than jesus

xaW8OWj.png

HWGNjmo.png  LUAERYM.png  KVKGZ2j.png  nCDGAWz.png  HWGNjmo.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users