Volgraza

Volgraza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Artemis (the Hunter)

A class

(Suggest better stats. I based these off of the scout)

Armor: 340

Fuel Tank: 70 L

Boost Speed: 41.2 m/s

Fuel Regen: 7.89 L/s

Ground Speed: 22.5 m/s

Air Speed: 20

Radar: 175 m

Overheating: 4.75 s

Dodging: 1 s

Special Ability: Chain Dodge (60 second Cool down)

Chain Dodge Allows The Mech to Dodge up to 4 times in a row for a short duration. While this is active the dodge duration is increased to 2 seconds there by increasing the distance Dodged.

Primary: mini flak cannon

Secondary: (Modified) Ke sabot: Marker Round

This Modified Ke Sabot Has a Larger barrel to accommodate the Larger marker round. Because the round carries on board equipment it is designed to stay intact after impact. this results in lower damage output. Once the Marker Round hits a Mech (friend or foe) it transmits It's Location across all channels for 5 seconds

The Artemis is designed to Counter Highly Mobile targets like the Raider. It's Modified Ke Sabot Allows it to Track High priority Targets. The Engines have been Heavily Modified to allow it to get out of tight spots.

• HassanTheAssassin, o0m9 and CobraJD like this

Liederkranz

Liederkranz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

It's a good idea. I'm not convinced on the Ke Sabot. Having sniper weapon on a mech whose primary ability is extra mobility doesn't seem right in my opinion. Perhaps the same tracking location idea but with a different weapon...?

• Volgraza and CobraJD like this

Cybrex: Predators hunt from above.

MessyBopzz: like jesus?

Cybrex: Better than jesus

xaW8OWj.png

HWGNjmo.png  LUAERYM.png  KVKGZ2j.png  nCDGAWz.png  HWGNjmo.png

HassanTheAssassin

HassanTheAssassin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

a super-beefy A-frame version of a pre-Beta B-frame Assault (shown briefly in one of the old cinematic trailers with a Flak Cannon + full power Sabot), the basic framework for this likely already exists, buried somewhere in legacy code toy-boxes. the dodge feature might be a bit much *maybe* modify that, and 5 seconds for that tracer is about right, but still might be deemed a bit long.

i wannit Naow!

• Volgraza likes this

6ABoEdp.png

Volgraza

Volgraza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

It's a good idea. I'm not convinced on the Ke Sabot. Having sniper weapon on a mech whose primary ability is extra mobility doesn't seem right in my opinion. Perhaps the same tracking location idea but with a different weapon...?

I though the same thing. which is why I wanted it to do less DPS. I'm not sure what kind of weapon it would be. maybe something completely new perhaps make the Maker round an Alt fire so that the main fire can still do a good amount of DPS. The Alt fire would be a slower fire and have Higher accuracy while the Main gun has Lower accuracy and higher DPS. Perhaps even have a Limited amount of Marker rounds on board say like 3 and have them Regenerate 1 every 45 seconds?

HassanTheAssassin

HassanTheAssassin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

The Alt fire would be a slower fire and have Higher accuracy while the Main gun has Lower accuracy and higher DPS.

Scoped mode, then unscoped. That might work here.

• Volgraza likes this

6ABoEdp.png

Volgraza

Volgraza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Scoped mode, then unscoped. That might work here.

Also a good idea

Liederkranz

Liederkranz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

I though the same thing. which is why I wanted it to do less DPS. I'm not sure what kind of weapon it would be. maybe something completely new perhaps make the Maker round an Alt fire so that the main fire can still do a good amount of DPS. The Alt fire would be a slower fire and have Higher accuracy while the Main gun has Lower accuracy and higher DPS. Perhaps even have a Limited amount of Marker rounds on board say like 3 and have them Regenerate 1 every 45 seconds?

i was thinking about the breacher, since it's more versatile (It's very accurate when loaded, and it also has the flak option) but it's a primary and we need a secondary. :ninja:

• CobraJD likes this

Cybrex: Predators hunt from above.

MessyBopzz: like jesus?

Cybrex: Better than jesus

xaW8OWj.png

HWGNjmo.png  LUAERYM.png  KVKGZ2j.png  nCDGAWz.png  HWGNjmo.png

CobraJD

CobraJD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

i was thinking about the breacher, since it's more versatile (It's very accurate when loaded, and it also has the flak option) but it's a primary and we need a secondary. :ninja:

I second this. I usually disagree with suggestions to add the Breacher to various other mechs, not only because it almost always doesn't fit the character/role of the mech it is being suggested for but because I like the idea of some weapons being mech-specific and the Breacher is the Predator-unique primary. (Other examples I feel this way about are the Rev-GL, Seeker and B3-4R Class weapons).

However in this specific instance, I am willing to throw that aside. The Breacher sounds brilliant for a mech named Artemis that can track down enemies, so that it can harass them with long range Breacher shots (Like arrows from Artemis's bow), and close in for the kill effectively, the long reload of the Breacher in close combat being negated by the ability to frequently dodge.

Now I am thinking perhaps the secondary could have a default fire that is a small burst/volley of darts (like the PN-223, but not hitscan, or non-explosive EOC pucks) and you would have to charge it in order to fire a longer-range hitscan tracking dart that deals little damage. This would allow this mech to harass and follow marked targets and be able to perform well in CQC, but be difficult to play very well due to having to constantly lead and adjust your shots to account for the delayed secondary projectiles, between timing your Breacher shots and dodging nonstop.

God, now I really want this :wallbash: . Sounds like the perfect mech for me. Difficult but rewarding. Not excelling at damage at any range, but excelling over all other mechs at dodging and staying unhurt right up in your enemy's face. :wub:

Edited by CobraJD, 08 June 2015 - 11:47 AM.

• Liederkranz, Volgraza and o0m9 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users