• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

I think HAWKEN would be amazing if it had Single Player campaigns with storyline. (I know this has been suggested before, but bear with me).

Also, i'm not saying this should be a priority of the developers right now, since HAWKEN is still getting back onto its feet.

Firstly a campaign system would be great for expanding the currently lacking tutorial. The tutorial only teaches basic concepts to the player, before chucking you into the wonderful world of HAWKEN. However if the tutorial was expanded to have multiple stages and be much more inclusive, this would lower the difficulty curve for new players.

Anyway, back to the main campaign idea.

My idea is that there could be a purchaseable DLC Campaign for each of the three factions in HAWKEN - Sentium, Prosk and Crion. This would allow for the development of the storyline and lore of HAWKEN and generally be awesome.

Each of the campaigns should have HC and XP rewards for completing each mission in the campaign, giving more incentive to buy the DLC than just a storyline to the game.

I'm not altogether sure what mechs you should be able to play in the campaign, since each faction has made different mechs. Therefore it wouldn't make sense to be able to play the Bruiser, a Prosk mech, in the Sentium campaign being made by a different company. However if the player is new to the game and doesn't have many mechs, this would pretty muchy suck. So I think mechs should be auto provided within the campaign to play as on different missions. However if there was a Crion DLC then that might not work... meh.

Thats all for now, thanks for reading  :thumbsup: i'm pretty sure there was some other stuff, i'll make sure to make an edit if I remember anything else.

Spoiler

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts
Takes way too much time for players who will literally boost past all the detail the devs make.

Maybe down the road when development is stable and there is time to do so, but now and the near (and distant) future is definitely not the time to create a campaign mode. Hawken needs to be rock solid and well established in the PvP arena before a comprehensive campaign should even be considered. The game may never even reach that point but who knows.

A compromise that can be made, however, is perhaps a single coop mode that incorporates some lore. It adds to the multiplayer experience while still giving the player base a shot of story.

Edited by Silverfire, 23 March 2015 - 07:25 AM.

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

Z3roCool007

Z3roCool007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

What AI would it use?

The Co-op AI?

x1mJKo0.png

Z3roCool007

Your friendly neighbourhood lurker.

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

What AI would it use?
The Co-op AI?

I'm not sure, but I do know that the coop tdm AI scales to MMR level in the server. It's a possibility but I can't say for sure.

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

I'm not sure, but I do know that the coop tdm AI scales to MMR level in the server. It's a possibility but I can't say for sure.

It does, and will use hacks if the MMR is too high.

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero
v9KKbH9.png
Spoiler

Plantblock

Plantblock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Why only singelplayer? Storymissons with or eveen against other Players would be even mor awsome.

By the way I have never seen much of the story. can somone tell me where i can find out more about it?

Urska

Urska

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

story line would be ok BUT adding gameplay for it and all would be 100% waste of time unless they do it like TF2 where its 4 people team up to do story ness. i say this and i know ppl always blow up on me but people mainly dont care about it. most ppl will play it once.. IF they even do... in the long run it be a fully waste of time for the dev unless they do the team work story with rewards. could even make ppl pay for the ticket to do it... petty much be a more story verson of MvM in tf2

Been playing Hawken Since Feb 11 2014

and SUPER Dyslexia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users