7 replies to this topic

SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Greetings, Pilots!

I know this isn't a formal interview or anything, and that I'm throwing a lot out at once, but if a dev or two could look at this and give some insight, I would personally really appreciate it. Now, no more BS, let's get started.

G2s: Are there more of them? Were they planned out? Was it really just a money grab from the old Devs? If we get more, any ideas what it'll be, or when?

Starters: The idea has been suggested in a couple threads, but should new players get a freebie of each class to mess with? Yes we have the test drives, but what about something to keep to get them started?

Servers: Is work being done on the current ones? Are we getting more? Why are pings so bad for so many all of a sudden?

Content: I know there's still a considerable amount of janitorial work to be done, but is there new content in the works? Is there a timeline to get something going? Maps, axes, gamemodes, anything?

New Hires: This isn't really any of business, but if/when you hire new folks, will they be introduced to the forums? Can we say hi? Can I ask them what their favorite color is?

Balancing: It seems to me that a lot of people are unhappy with SOME part of the balancing in HAWKEN. TOWs, Zerkers, Assaults, Techs, you name it, someone hates it. And while most of these reside in the realm of pure opinion, will there be any real investigation into it?

Community Contributions: Not necessarily a workshop or mods or anything like that, but things found here in community? Three starters, campaign mode, new axes/weapons/maps, stuff like that?

Alright kiddos, I guess that's it. Just some questions that have been nagging at me. Have fun discussing, speculating, and arguing! :D

• JackVandal, Pelanthoris, I2DI and 1 other like this

cUB1aCW.jpg?2

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

If this ever gets answered by a dev (properly), I will eat a tree.

• DerMax, Meraple, Erzunterweltler and 1 other like this

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

I'm quite curious as well.  Ima follow this.

Edited by h????????????????????????????????i??, 14 June 2015 - 01:22 AM.

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

There are several things suggesting that the G2 mechs were not really 'thought out' much but of course this is all speculation.

• Kopra likes this

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

I will give my all so that you end up eating a tree. If you don't videotape it I will eat you :pirate:  

• Meraple and I2DI like this

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

kasei

kasei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Heck, I can answer half of these questions, but I'd rather not speak for them. Take a look around the forums, and watch some interviews and you'll find your answers.

Servers: Is work being done on the current ones? Are we getting more? Why are pings so bad for so many all of a sudden?

We're investigating the perceived servers issues, and are actively optimizing server and network performance.

Actually, the EU servers have all had some configuration updates that should improve performance. There *should* be less network "jitter", for one - the game should feel a little smoother. Depending on the network route between you and the server, you may even see a lower ping time (it won't be huge, but you may notice that).

We went through every gameserver host today, looking at all the configurations that could affect network performance. We read through some white papers and a number of other performance tuning commentaries. We've identified a number of areas that will be worth some deeper research as well.

I expect you will notice some improvements. [...]

[...]
We want to hear about your actual experience.

Reply to this thread or submit a support ticket. Either one is fine.

Thanks in advance!

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Psst...

You can cheat by eating cinnamon.

• DeeRax likes this

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

D-class /Siege mech?

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png