- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

goldbuddah

goldbuddah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Played this game for long enough with no problems until now. During game play the game will have these momentary fps drops and freezes. There's no specific time when it happens or no clue as to what causes it but it costs me kills and deaths plenty of times. It happens possibly every 10 seconds or so which is making the game not very enjoyable. I even went to the extent of reformatting the PC and installing fresh, up to date drivers for everything making sure there was no Virus related issue or malware effecting the PC. Alas, it has not solved the problem.

My PC isn't exactly a new build but it has played this game on ultra through every match in the past with absolutely no lag or problems.

Windows 7 64-bit

AMD Athlon x 4 620 Processor 2.6Ghz

4096MB Ram

Nvidea Geforce GTX 275

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Draigun

Draigun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Hawken's engine isn't what you would call very well optimized. After around 6 or 8 games, the engine starts to fall behind in frame time updates, and dramatically cuts performance. At first, I assumed it was simply my GPU overheating. But, since GPU temps remain well below 65C, that's impossible. At this point, it became apparent that I could replicate and repeat the issue by simply being in the game for around 8 matches. Audio also begins to stutter, which would also point fingers at Hawken's engine. After restarting the game, it would play as it's intended.

Poorly optimized engine aside, your system specs scale evenly with the hardware. The GPU isn't likely hindered by the performance from your CPU. Is PhysX turned off? Obviously, you know the difference between poor performance and sudden FPS drops, so I'm going to presume the issue is in fact correlated with Hawken's pipeline engine.

Edited by Draigun, 23 March 2015 - 10:50 AM.

TpsOr7F.png

Guns_N_Rozer

Guns_N_Rozer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts

IT will give u some more FPS....try this tweak..u need to go first

----> C:\Users\your name\Documents\My Games\Hawken\HawkenGame\Config , find HawkenSystemSettings.ini  file , now delete all the stuff inside the .inf file ,copy everything from bellow and paste in that inf file, save it....now play the game.good luck

dont forget to make a back up copy .i put the lower resolution .

Spoiler

Edited by RozerMahbub1, 23 March 2015 - 04:12 PM.

Guns_N_Rozer

Guns_N_Rozer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts

for virus ...u can use Bitdefender security software .

• UncleBlitz likes this

Guns_N_Rozer

Guns_N_Rozer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts

try to upgrade ur driver ---->     http://www.nvidia.co...spx/82606/en-uk

also sound network chipset

goldbuddah

goldbuddah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Draigun

?Unfortunately it happens from game 1 i.e the first game of the day. It happens every game. 

Also it has become apparent that it is now not only Hawken which is suffering from this problem for me, it has now begun happening on any game I play at all. 

RozerMahbub1

Its not extra fps I am after, its the fps I once had that has now become victim to this bizarre problem that I wish to have back.

"also sound network chipset"

I will try this however because it has previously fixed errors in CSGO prior to the reformatting of the pc. Willing to try anything at this point.

Thanks for all the help people.

goldbuddah

goldbuddah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Edited by goldbuddah, 24 March 2015 - 01:22 AM.

goldbuddah

goldbuddah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

SS396

The PC is dust free and the fans are working perfecty. I will try to get some results posted from MSI afterburner and see what happens.

Worse case scenario, I will just have to rebuild from the motherboard up.

goldbuddah

goldbuddah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

MSI afterburner wont start because "its side-by-side configuration is incorrect". I quickly Googled this error and found it had something to do with not having Microsoft visual C++ 2008 installed, which I then installed, alas the same error still came about. 

Only using single monitor btw.

The entire PC is beginning to act sluggish now, something is most definitely wrong and for the life of me I can't seem to put my finger on it.

Edited by goldbuddah, 24 March 2015 - 09:56 AM.

goldbuddah

goldbuddah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Running IDLE the pc runs at 48 degress. When stressed by furmark it gets up to 80 and no more. So from that I am assuming the GPU is not going to be over heating or overworking itself from any game I try to play, again..assuming any game I try to play wouldn't stress the GPU more than furmark.

In addition to the problems mentioned before, the PC is now momentarily freezing followed by a single beep noise. 

Anyway, rather than continuing with posting my tech problems as I feel its gone rather off topic from Hawken now, I will just try to slowly deal with this the best I can. Hopefully if I manage to fix it, I'll be back playing.

Thanks again for the help, much appreciated. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users