• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

cavefishes

cavefishes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Hey guys, I've been noticing something weird about the size of my inner reticule: it appears to change from mech to mech. I've especially noticed it with the small circle reticule. It's largest on my Scout, smallest on my Reaper, Infiltrator, and Raider, and somewhere in-between on my Assault and CRT. I'd honestly rather have them stay the same size, as they don't always work as well with the outer reticules (which stay the same size). Some overlap when they shouldn't and others just don't fit right.

Is this intended behavior?

When in the garage, all reticules display at the proper (smallest) size. When actually in a match they don't stay that way.

Pictures in the spoiler tags.

Largest:

Spoiler

Displays in the garage as such (smallest size):

Spoiler

Smallest:

Spoiler

In between:

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

I wish that you could set the size. I want them all small.

• Odinous likes this

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Thanks to Badtings for this awesome banner!

eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

I want them to reflect my weapon spread, but I would settle for static reticles if they were consistent.

Pubstomping is a whole different strategic discussion, however, and usually just becomes an exploration of the ethics of dumpstering randos.

UYoy63i.png

Why mech game make when you no mech game have you don't want to make? 

cavefishes

cavefishes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

So this happens to everyone else too? That sucks.

2XhpJes.png

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

the size of the interior of the reticle - from the center dot to the innermost points of the reticle -  reflects your weapon spread.  jump in with a slug rifle, and it's at its smallest. flak cannon's circle has twice the radius.

• Miscellaneous, Odinous and cavefishes like this

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

Massive_Assailant_Stingray

Massive_Assailant_Stingray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Yeah this is annoying. Also I find that when I spawn in on my scout, the reticle is very small how I like it, then when I fire or boost or what ever it expands (as it's intended to), the it retracts again but not to the starting size. It ends up bigger over all.

Honestly I would love completely static xhairs, I don't want them to move at all for any reason.

Also I think it's pathetic how you need to spend HC on new xhairs. Xhairs should be a basic customization, and viewed as basic accessibility.

Liederkranz

Liederkranz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Also I think it's pathetic how you need to spend HC on new xhairs. Xhairs should be a basic customization, and viewed as basic accessibility.

They're aesthetic, and being aesthetic devs could make them only accessible via MC if they fell to, like skins. so I think it's ok to charge them HC. They're not too expensive tho.

Edit: back on topic, I noticed that inconsistent reticle sizing only when I use the pred (the size is noticeably bigger than when in other mechs). I'll go and see if the other mechs have that inconsistency too, maybe I missed it.

Edited by Liederkranz, 23 June 2015 - 07:35 AM.

Cybrex: Predators hunt from above.

MessyBopzz: like jesus?

Cybrex: Better than jesus

xaW8OWj.png

HWGNjmo.png  LUAERYM.png  KVKGZ2j.png  nCDGAWz.png  HWGNjmo.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users