- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

pluto7443

pluto7443

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I have had my boost and dodge changed to double tap for quite a while, but I started looking at guides and noticed that I simply can't do a lot of maneuvers described. Is there any reason to use the double tap option?

Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

No, not really. I have mine bound to shift, and I feel it melds with the game better.

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Time to double tap A/D > time to shift + A/D

Makes a big difference especially when you are combining dodges with boosts.

• dorobo likes this

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

I use doubletap because I don't think my pinky finger can handle the stress of constant boosting, although double tapping has given me problems.

Personally, I'd prefer to have both at once.

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

RAZER ORBWEAVER BIND THE fuzzy bunnyNG BOOST AND DODGE CONTROLS TO THE THUMBSTICK.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

I thought you could bind left and right dodge to single keys?

Otherwise it should be fairly easy to do with autohotkey.

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

KaylaClaire

KaylaClaire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

I have tried "Shift" to dodge... and it is just too clunky... you need to shift and press W to boost forward... you'll end up pressing shift 95% of your play time in conjuction with "W".
Though if you have it... you could probably bind it to the side buttons on your mouse to make it easier.

My dodge time was abit quicker with the double tap off... but the hassle of holding shift all the time is just too much for my lil' hands to do. you can still dodge successfully with double tap, and jump around the field of battle like a crack induced bunny hell bent on completing some invisible slalom race.

it's really up to your personal choice in the end though.

~*~*~*~The Pink Comet~*~*~*~

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

I have tried "Shift" to dodge... and it is just too clunky... you need to shift and press W to boost forward... you'll end up pressing shift 95% of your play time in conjuction with "W".
Though if you have it... you could probably bind it to the side buttons on your mouse to make it easier.

My dodge time was abit quicker with the double tap off... but the hassle of holding shift all the time is just too much for my lil' hands to do. you can still dodge successfully with double tap, and jump around the field of battle like a crack induced bunny hell bent on completing some invisible slalom race.

it's really up to your personal choice in the end though.

Double-tap takes more time and has more chance to mess up.

With SHIFT you can walk around freely, and to dodge/boost you simply need to tap/hold SHIFT.

It's as fast as quickly tapping a single button, whereas with double-tap, you need to tap a button twice.

Tapping a button twice is obviously more time consuming than tapping a button once.

If you take into account you need to press one of the WASD keys, keep in mind you can tap both of the keys at once, which is still as fast as tapping a single button.

Double-tapping is quite plainly inferior to SHIFT due to the time required to execute it, explained above.

Using either is fine, which I'm not argueing - one is just faster.

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Double-tapping is quite plainly inferior to SHIFT due to the time required to execute it, explained above.

Using either is fine, which I'm not argueing - one is just faster.

As I've said before, I'd prefer both. Double tap gives me more issues, but I'd rather have issues than finger pain.

Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

I have to use double tap because the range of movement I have in my ring and pinky fingers is so small I can't even reach all the keys if I use the typical home-row when typing. Oh the drawbacks of muscular dystrophy...

phed

phed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

damn fli, you rock that double tap

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

I have to use double tap because the range of movement I have in my ring and pinky fingers is so small I can't even reach all the keys if I use the typical home-row when typing. Oh the drawbacks of muscular dystrophy...

have you tried one of them carpel tunnel splints at walmart they worked great for me while i had messed up hands couldnt move fingers when reaching out only if i supported arm and wrist  but the splint did both of those 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users