• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Coiny

Coiny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi.

This is a repost from steam forums where I didn't recive any help. Hopefully somebody can help me here.

I know this topic has been brought up many times before but I still have some questions about it.

As we know the game at first start after installing will try to install amd cpu drivers.
Since I have a new Intel system I didn't install them. After that the game doesn't launch. (I click the .exe and nothing happens)

I have read multiple threads and stickies about the game not starting up and tried every solution except the "UE3Redist.exe" since that's the program that installs these drivers.

Now if it's 100% safe to install these amd drivers on a Intel system I might just do it because I really like the game and would like to play it again. (Used to be able to because I had amd system).

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious and thank you for the help!

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Heres the deal, the UE3Redist is REQUIRED for ANY application that uses the Unreal 3 engine.  If you want to play any Unreal 3 game, you have to install it, if you don't want to install it, you can't play any Unreal 3 game.

I get that you don't want to install these mystery AMD drivers, but what harm is it going to cause to install a driver that won't be used?  I bet if you were to take a look at every driver installed on your system, you'd find a bunch of them that are unused.

I would think that if hundreds of thousands of people using an Intel based system would be rioting if there was any issues experienced at all.  Why question it?

Further more if you want to complain or get an explanation about why, contact Epic games, as Reloaded (or ADH/MTR) has nothing to do with whats inside that package.

[DELETED]

fuzzy bunny you CZeroFive 

Guns_N_Rozer

Guns_N_Rozer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts

u can submit a support ticket :  https://hawken.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

(KDR) Seron16

(KDR) Seron16

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

I'm running on an Intel i7 and GeForce 970m, so there's not a single piece of AMD tech on my rig. But I installed all those drivers on both this rig and my old rig (which was also had no AMD tech), with absolutely no problems. 

I do not believe those drivers will pose any problem to your rig, you should be totally fine to install them just as many other Intel users have.

Enjoy the game!

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

Coiny

Coiny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

That's what I was looking for, SS396 & Seron!

Bit my tongue, installed UE3Redist and fired up the mechs :)

Thank you guys!

• (KDR) Seron16 and The_Silencer like this

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

if you have missing drivers for hardware even if not using/disabled hardware may cause all kind of issues the hardwares gonna be likely flooding the system with events but no driver to recognise, and if you have an amd system and have the option to use amd drivers over say, gigabytes do it as its got the most features and fixes compared to basic oem drivers, infact gigabyte tells you this straight up in startup booklet 

oh for what its worth coiny ue3dist has been around many years as a component and will add absolutely no lag or bloat to your system 

Edited by MechFighter5e3bf9, 17 July 2015 - 02:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users