- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

RollADoobie

RollADoobie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I have been playing this game for a month and I ran into few problems. 

First, my aim sucks. I recently learnt to remove mouse acceleration and set the sensitivity low. However, I found that the faster I turn with my mouse the slower my mech turns? I read that this was due to turning speed cap, but I don't understand the logic behind turning faster when I move my mouse slower. Shouldn't it be consistent a speed fast or slow if it is a speed 'cap'?

Is there any way to fix this or are we just stuck with this?

Secondly, I'm a new Raider player who unlocked T32-Bolt. It seems that I lose the charge on the weapon when I boost. I was told that I should charge my weapon for my first shot, but I usually boost to engage the first shot. When I boost into a fight, I have to wait for T32-Bolt to raise and charge providing enough time for me to get creamed.

Should I just go in with an uncharged shot? Or is this something I just need to L2P and not a problem if you ain't fuzzy bunny?

• Rajitha and LoC_TR like this

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

We definitely have some streamers that play T-32 very well.

Loc_tr for example.

• Rajitha and LoC_TR like this

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

RollADoobie

RollADoobie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

We definitely have some streamers that play T-32 very well.

Loc_tr for example.

Thanks I'll try to learn from those videos.

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

You can boost with a charged shot only when your blitz ability is active (?). Besides that, no, you can't boost normally and have a charged shot ready at the same time. Either blitz into an engagement, or boost normally to the vicinity, and then just walk (sneak) up behind someone. I've found it pays to be sneakier with the raider anyways, so I try to walk, more often than not, to stay off radar as much as possible (Scramblers can be sort of useful sometimes). Don't forget, blitz increases your walk speed, too, and you can actually walk pretty fast with it.

As far as making your shots... I tend to partially charge my shots when going toe-to-toe with somebody, i.e. I hold m1 down just until my reticule is over or almost over my target, and then release to fire. This improved my aim considerably when I started doing this. This especially helps against dodgy a-classes. I usually only do fully-charged shots at the opening of a fight, and I usually only do the click-click-semi-auto fire against c-classes, or an enemy who is coming directly at me/trying to get away from me (Especially if I'm blitzing). Partially-charged shots still do somewhat increased damage.

I originally hated the T-32, but it's definitely one of my favorite weapons nowadays, along with the miniflak.

Git gud with the bolt, then get yourself the G2 raider and have a barrel of LOLz.

Edited by (TDM) DeeRax, 20 July 2015 - 12:01 AM.

starfox-sig.gifrYFaSGG.gif

2XhpJes.png

"DeeRax's got what you've always wanted."

LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

T-32 isn't a great weapon so don't feel bad if the game is not going your way. The spread on each shot it random so it can be frustrating when certain shots don't connect or you don't get a full burst. Raider is just a tough mech in general, its secondary (MIRV and KLA) have a ton of utility but are down right unwieldy compared to its counterparts like the TOW or GL. Don't worry so much about "tactics" or "strategy" concentrate more on how you are dying and why, and when you do well what the circumstances are. It took me a lot of trial and error, mostly just suiciding in pubs, to perfect the timing of my movements and to aim more with the body (wasd) and less with the mouse.

The burst you're looking for comes from being sneaky and staying off the radar until you're ready to pounce! Blitz walking is useful because you stay off radar but still have the speed to flank without wasting time or being too predictable. I also don't normally spam my t-32 like I would an smc, it's just not worth the time or dps, so instead I  look for opportunities to land big MIRVS and KLA's and follow up with the t-32. If you're not landing MIRVS and KLA's it doesn't matter how well you aim with the t-32. The Assault is a cakewalk compared to the Raider, Remember that. 

Massive_Assailant_Stingray

Massive_Assailant_Stingray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

It's important for me to point out that your mech does not turn slower the faster you move your mouse. It just feels that way because you're moving your mouse much faster than the turn cap, and running out of mousepad as a result. Any mouse speed in excess of the turn cap is basically wasted input digitally, it doesn't register in any form. But of course physically you're still flying across the mouse pad, that makes the mech SEEM to turn slower, because indeed if you had moved your mouse the same distance at a slower speed, your mech would have turned a greater distance. But it's all due to the wasted input.

I know it definitely feels like negative mouse accel at first, I had a lot of problem with it too, but it's definitely not. I do think it's an important mental hurdle to get over before getting comfortable with the game. You're just going to have to get a feel for what the turn cap is, and don't bother moving your mouse any faster, as it will negatively affect you.

• bacon_avenger likes this

wolfrock

wolfrock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

RE aim if you're just talking about aim in general it's always good to just practice a lot. If you have a reaper, use that to practice aim and only click when you know it's going to be a hit. Go for a 100% hit rate. When you go back to Raider after a while (a few to a few dozen hrs) of reaper aiming, same thing; you'll time your T32 or reflak shots better. You probably found you have to lead a bit with Corsair, but timing is still big. I prefer reflak but overheat fast when I hold down LMB and/or miss too much.

Both mechs punish you dearly for missing but (esp. in the Raider's case) will reward you with multikills when your skills are hot.

and yeah, just watch a lot of LoC and take it in.

G2R is viable.

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

practice makes perfect

wtz7K4Y.gif

Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

There is cap on turn speed and negative acceleration on top of that after a certain point, you will have to experiment with different DPI/sensitivity settings. Low sens makes your aim much more stabile but you will also want to be able to hit the turnspeed cap relatively easy.

If you have a DPI switch, you can try a "high" setting with 20-25% more DPI compared to your normal mode for situations when you need to hit the cap more, like in close combat (especially as a T32-Raider). 2400 DPI for high mode and 2000 for normal with 2 as ingame sens is what I use. It depends on the mouse though, not all mice are stabile at those DPI settings as you can then experience jitter and such. 

Having a large mousemat is also great so you can continously drag your mouse so you can keep your bead on the opponent even while circling around.

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

The turn rate cap does take a lot of getting used to. Here is a thread with some discussion about some mouse setting some players use.

Also worth noting that the T32, because of the charge mechanic, actually fires when you release the mouse button rather than when you press it. Throws me off personally.

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

Gangland

Gangland

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Or just use the EOC. Little blue pucks of goodness just aching to be stepped all over. 

CounterlogicMan

CounterlogicMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Or just use the EOC. Little blue pucks of goodness just aching to be stepped all over. 

eoc raider is masochistic.

• Kopra likes this

Axe-Attack Check us out! Stream I stream spasmodically.

TPG Hawken Admin.

TPG 3 has concluded! If you are interested in participating in TPG Season 4 gather a group and form a team or try and join an existing team! Stay tuned to the forums for updates on the details of TPG Season 4.

Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

eoc raider is masochistic.

If eoc raider is masochistic, what does that make eoc rocketeer?

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

If eoc raider is masochistic, what does that make eoc rocketeer?

Just retarded  :teehee: (not because of the eoc)

• Kopra likes this

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

n3onfx

n3onfx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
I play a lot of raider, on the topic of aiming with it I've found that movement plays a bigger role than on most mechs. I don't know if I'm making much sense but due to the slow reload times and the fact that you'll typically be close to your targets and trying to get around them/in their face it was much more effective to rely more on the movements to line up my shots than focusing on tracking with the mouse like you'd do with sustain mechs. A good example would be keeping your mouse hand steady and dodge to unload as soon as their mech enters the crosshairs rather than moving said crosshair all over the screen to catch them.

Basically your mouse aim is there to adjust more than track, with MIRV in particular you'll often find yourself looking for good angles to shoot. Aiming in Raider, to me at least, is more about the flow of movement than tracking the other mech with your crosshair. It's especially true if you use the T32 out of the three primary weapons. Reflak requires to track more and EOC is a whole other beast that warrants a detailed response just for it.

Edited by neon, 20 July 2015 - 04:08 PM.

• wolfrock, LoC_TR and RollADoobie like this

t

t

DWEH3ZP.png   CRITICAL  RqKpxHn.png    ASSIST   VDNrFxD.png

t

t

LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Well said neon.

RollADoobie

RollADoobie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I tried using EOC and makes me want to suicide in a raider. 

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

I tried using EOC and makes me want to suicide in a raider. 

EOC raider is relaxing for me. If you do poorly then meh, its an EOC raider. If you do well then hell yes, its an EOC raider.

Edited by Hyginos, 24 July 2015 - 10:30 AM.

• LaurenEmily and Kopra like this

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users