• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

RyanGo

RyanGo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hello

I've been playing Hawken for a while now and I must say it has quite possibly the most enjoyable combat gameplay I've ever played. Something I'll always come back to eventually

Lately though my game has been crashing much more frequently. Its starting to get to the point where I'm lucky to finish 2 games in a row :( I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions that might help?

A few things to note:

1. I play off a laptop and while it has decent RAM and a good core, the graphics card is not rated to run Hawken. Even so, my graphics card isn't rated for most of the games I play, yet I can run them quite well on low settings, with only rare crashes.

Hawken is by far the game I've crashed the most on and I've even gotten a dev to confirm that my crash code corresponds with having a bad GPU. The game can run pretty well without stuttering but sometimes it just straight-up crashes. Previously It might happen after 6+ games every 3rd session or something like that, but as I've said now its much more frequent

2. I make a point of only playing Hawken when I've just started my computer and also don't have any other programs running.

3. My laptop is getting old, I've had it for 3 years now. I'll admit that I'm also getting more blue-screens lately so this might actually just be a case of my computer's age. I wouldn't know for sure though since I don't have a background in this.

4. I recently got a monitor to hook up to my laptop connected via a HDMI to DVD-I cable

5. I started using the infiltrator recently? It's a really fun Mech :D Probably not the problem though. 

I plan on getting a new desktop/laptop sometimes, but I'm not sure when, so until then I just wanted to know if someone could offer a potential solution.

TLDR: Anyone have any desperate solutions to stop a 3-year old laptop with a bad gpu from crashing? pleasarino no sassy responses I know the easiest answer is to get a new computer which I will be doing sometime soon :P

Edited by RyanGo, 25 July 2015 - 11:55 PM.

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

Even some HAWKEN league players use this.

Thank me later.

• RyanGo likes this

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

If you can load the game client and play 1 or 2 matches up until you finally get one of those crashes you're having.. then your hardware (GPU and/or CPU/s) is probably overheating right too much before crashing.

My additional little piece of advice for you would be revising and cleaning your fan/s if required first. After doing that, lowering the game video settings to the minimum and see if your game session go better or not..

That would be an intermediate/simple protocol worth enough to give it a try first, IMHO, right before going further with more complex alternatives..

Hope this helps and good luck with that. ;)

The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice.

Broham78

Broham78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Leaving Hawken idle on the garage or home screen eats laptop graphics cards for some reason. Try to get back in the game asap after getting killed and close the program when not playing.

wGoUz2B.gif

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Leaving Hawken idle on the garage or home screen eats laptop graphics cards for some reason. Try to get back in the game asap after getting killed and close the program when not playing.

Now that you mentioned that.. looks to me as if the graphical quality of the renderings you see while in the welcome and garage screens are always rendered as in high (or even ultra?) video settings. The same as default in-game screen shots,,

Thing which (by default) might explain the reason of why many end-users running the game on low settings are experiencing unexpected heating values in their GPUs; even if their actual settings are supposed to be making the game to render always in low.

The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice.

RyanGo

RyanGo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Even some HAWKEN league players use this.

Thank me later.

This looks promising. You are godly. Plastic is godly.

Thanks to everyone else as well. 

I'll be cleaning the cooler under my laptop I use and I never noticed the graphics quality of the garage. I'll keep that in mind.

Bad_BennyAK

Bad_BennyAK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Adjusting the settings is unacceptable.  Hawken ran perfectly fine before.    

my specs: 

MSI Z97l gaming

i7 4790 at 4.0 base.

16 gig ddr3  2133

EVGA 980 Classified 4g vram

500 gig SSD.   

about to check my framerates and temps,  but nothing has really changed.   Anyone else having crashing issues?

Just checked....  steady 50 FPS,   and CPU temps steady 41*C  ...... idle is normally 40*C

Edited by Bad_BennyAK, 01 November 2016 - 01:37 AM.

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

[/size]

...and let slip the dogs of war...

[/size]

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

[/size]

Spoiler
[/size]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users