- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

GhostMullet

GhostMullet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

So, I think I've finally moved up a level in Hawken, but it feels like the scoring system doesn't reflect that.

Recently, I had a game with 11 kills, 11 assists, 1 death and 2.4 damge ratio, and I got a 261, which is decent, but I routinly see guys who score over 300, 350, every game, and I can't picture what else I can do. More-over, there are games where I have 1:1 kills and damage, and I still get 200 points. The whole system baffles me. Curious, what can I do to boost this meaningless number? :rolleyes: :sweat:  

(Note, this just refers to Team Deathmatch. Thanks!)

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

ah youl be surprised how a few months can land you above the average player and thats all it takes to feel like your constantly mvp in tdm

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

For pretty much anything not called a Tech in TDM:

The following raises your score:

- Dealing damage to opponents who die shortly afterwards

- Getting the kill

- Dominations

- Killstreaks

- Revenge Kills

- Stuff

Doing lots of damage to opponents who die gives much more score than just kill-stealing.

The following don't affect your score:

- Dying any number of times or not at all

- Getting a good or bad K/D ratio

- Getting a good or bad damage ratio

- Doing damage to opponents who don't die shortly afterwards

- Winning or losing

Scoring higher than everyone else will most likely raise your MMR, which will make you able to play with better players.

Regardless of no score penalty for deaths, try not to die too much.

Edited by (KDR) Meraple, 07 August 2015 - 04:40 AM.

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

You collect points for dealing damage to mechs who die with that damage.  Edit: (I believe this to be true:) if they heal, they heal all damage pro ratia, so everyone who did damage to them loses potential score until they either are at full health or are killed.

(The other alternative is the oldest damage is healed first.  I've never slowed down enough to really analyze this.)

If someone else kills them after you did half the damage to the victim, you get 15 points.  If you did all 455pts on an Assault, you get 30 points, then bonuses.

Bonuses come for savior, avenger, domination, ending domination, multikill, underdog, kill streak.

A moderately-skilled player can get 700 points in a TDM against average players because he/she could go on killstreaks and get multikills.

Edited by Call_Me_Ishmael, 07 August 2015 - 03:49 AM.

• MechFighter5e3bf9 likes this

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts
The following don't affect your score:

- Dying any number of times or not at all

It does, however, raise the score of your opponents, so for MMR calculation purposes it might as well.

• Meraple likes this

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

i find raiding a pack of avg players  effective when darting to ones who are looking away first and after i kill him his teamate who should have me hurt by now will also  be  taking fire from my team as i hop round in a pack pulling attention then i just start finishing them each off one blast a time, key to alwase watch radar i almost alwase can boost up on someone without them seeing radar till im right on em

GhostMullet

GhostMullet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hmmm, thanks.

TAZ_

TAZ_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
I'm agree with people above me, giving damage is more important rather than steal a kill..
more percentage of damage you give, more points you have..

(08:35:47 PM) Ashfire908: auth taz_ blacklist
(08:35:48 PM) ScrimBot: 'taz_' has been added to the 'blacklist' group.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users