• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

WillyW

WillyW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

So, recently my microphone has been giving me trouble. I originally thought it might be an internet issue. So I tried using the Sound Recorder application to test it offline to be sure. It appears to be having a significant amount of static (or feedback), and it stutters so that you can't even hear a word I'm saying. It almost sounds like the waves from an ocean. And when I speak, it cuts in and out, similar to having bad phone service.

My troubleshooting:

- I was using the front panel microphone jack when this issue occurred. I checked the connection to my motherboard, as well as the microphone jack connection itself. I tried unplugging/plugging back in both connections. I checked the motherboard cable for any damage. Same issue.

- I tried using my rear panel microphone jack instead. Same issue.

- I tried using a different microphone in both front and rear panel jacks. Same issue.

- I tried restoring the default settings for both microphone drivers. Same issue.

- I tried updating both microphone drivers. Same issue.

The problem isn't my internet connection. The problem isn't the microphone/motherboard jack. The problem isn't the microphone itself. The problem isn't the drivers.

... I'm getting frustrated to say the least.

Edited by WillyW, 06 August 2015 - 08:57 AM.

2XhpJes.png

kaiserschmarrn_

kaiserschmarrn_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

I'm not saying that this is the wrong place to ask for help, but there are places with far more knowledgeable users. I recommend looking for a subreddit about the brand or microphones in general.

Draigun

Draigun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Could be caused by DPC latency problems. Try using LatencyMon, and see what it outputs.

What are your specifications for your computer? More specifically, is it a desktop? If so, What motherboard, sound solution, headphones, microphone are you using?

Edited by Draigun, 06 August 2015 - 11:54 AM.

TpsOr7F.png

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

what kind of monitor? and is your electrical outlets propper grounded and the pc is NOT physicaly connected to another device from another wall outlet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users