- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Barrels

Barrels

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I connected my Dell laptop to my HDTV via HDMI so I can play Hawken through it. I get video but no sounds. I tried other apps and games but they have sounds. I can hear them on my HDTV. Hawken is the only one that does not get any sounds. Has anyone had this issue? Anybody know how I can get Hawken to make sounds. Btw, Hawken looks really good on a big-screen HDTV. 

Barrels

Barrels

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I had to set laptop to use only 1 display (HDTV).  I was hoping I could use both monitors but as long as I can get sounds, that's fine with me.

WillyW

WillyW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Did you make sure you set your default playback audio to the HDMI connection? You NEED to do this BEFORE opening Hawken. If you try doing it after the game is already launched, then it wont work. The HDTV should show up in your sound settings. Be sure it is set to default, and not your regular speakers.

I use an HDMI receiver for my sound to my headphones. But I also have speakers that use the speaker jack out the back of my computer. So I often switch back and forth.

2lmwdpy.jpg

Edited by WillyW, 21 August 2015 - 10:49 AM.

2XhpJes.png

Barrels

Barrels

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Yes, I did check. My default playback audio was set to the HDMI connection. In fact, it automatically sets it as default when I connect via HDMI. As I said before, all my other apps and games do get sound except for Hawken. But like I said, I'm fine with setting my laptop to just use 1 display (HDTV) as long as I get sounds. It was defaulted to using Duplicate Mode but once I set it to just use 1 display (HDTV), I was able to get sounds. It sounded great. Thanks for your advice, though.

RiotGucci

RiotGucci

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hey, I am a new here and I just started playing Hawken today. However, I hear absolutely nothing in game and when I went to the "Audio Settings", it there is a box that says something like "No audio device found". The thing is that, I have headphones on plugged into my computer and I can listen to music or watch a video or do anything else on everything else and the sound works fine. I know I have a audio device plugged but I can't hear anything on Hawken. By the way, I messed around with the settings in the "Audio" category but nothing works. Even the "active" or "inactive" check box next to "No audio device found" didn't do anything. It is been completely mute/ silent for me ever since I opened the game, like utterly no sound. Can anyone help me out pretty please? It would be greatly appreciated. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users