• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

GeneralJWJ

GeneralJWJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Need some more help for the wiki, every mech page has a "tips and tricks" section on the right of the page under the stats, which has sections for tips on all the primaries and the secondary as well as general tips. Sadly almost all of them are empty. I'm not an experienced enough player to give good solid advice on mechs and weapons, I haven't even played a lot of them, so if experienced players could step up to fill the advice sections that'd be great.

The mechs I've seen with tips already in are Incin, Tech, Predator, and Raider (hyginos filled that last one in a few days ago). Feel free to look over those if you want to check for quality, but the priority would be to have all those sections filled in on all the mechs for new players.

How to edit: click the downwards arrow next to the orange "edit" button on the top left and select "classic editor", then click on the top right tab that says 'source'. At the top of the page will be a pointer to editing the tips & tricks section. To find it I advise just using ctrl+F to look for "tips" as that'll bring you right in the middle of it. In addition, to format your advice with bulletpoints, add * at the beginning of each line you want to be a bulletpoint.

All those TBA placeholders have to go and be replaced with good hawken advice!

http://hawken.wikia.com/wiki/Mechs

Edited by GeneralJWJ, 28 August 2015 - 07:16 AM.

Go read and edit the hawken wiki you fuzzy bunnies.

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Yeah I was planning to have a look at those since they were pretty lacking in content

Also I recommend changing the position of the Tips and Tricks link from below the mech stats to somewhere more obvious

Edited by Rainbow Sheep, 28 August 2015 - 07:22 AM.

Spoiler

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

Tips and tricks are a bit subjective, so it might be a good idea to post any proposed verbiage on the forums for community scrutiny prior to making any edits.

• GeneralJWJ likes this

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Tips and tricks are a bit subjective, so it might be a good idea to post any proposed verbiage on the forums for community scrutiny prior to making any edits.

^ This. Should also try to keep proposed tips as focused on the actual mech as possible, i.e, not on playstyle or item builds. Pointing out certain aspects of play with X mech can be handy, but not trying to direct people into playing a mech in a specific way.

cUB1aCW.jpg?2

screwtherules

screwtherules

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I agree that the tips and tricks need filling out because I am a noob and I need some tips

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users