5 replies to this topic

Morticius

Morticius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

something small, and a personal opine.

when a >2000 player randomly (TDM/DM etc) matches up with a lower tier type, join and treat as an epic chance to be a teacher of Hawken.

i matched in a 2013 smurf account with Dave,tonight and enjoyed every second of it.

DeathMatch. encredible. i hadnt that much fun ina looooong time.

he left before time out. cant' blame him, it would have Killed his mmr.

but Hawken needs to get a match/room where this can happen with no ill effects to MMR, simply because it's so fun.

And you give valuable skills and help to folks much newer/lower ranked than you.

Just an idea.

• DerMax, crockrocket, CrimsonKaim and 2 others like this

UGiq32j.png

Buy one, get one free on Tuesdays

Also: pickles, peppers, preserves, salsas and souvenirs available in the Gift Shop

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Ranked and unranked games. Currently the only way of doing it are server admins (private) stopping hte match before it ends or letting the timer increase so it will never end.

Would be cool to have custom servers. 

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

i feel similar to this, whenever i end up in a room over my head, i try to notice where players go, how they move, internal sets, if im losing then there's something i can learn, even if its teamwork.

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

kaiserschmarrn_

kaiserschmarrn_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

If i get into a really low DM that has 1 or 2 players besides me, I usually ask if they want some tips. It's more productive than endlessly pubstomping.

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

If i get into a really low DM that has 1 or 2 players besides me, I usually ask if they want some tips.

I tried doing this but I only got things like "fuzzy bunny yu haxer" thrown at me in chat.

Lots of them said they'd report me for hacking, dunno if they really did it though.

Either way, I don't feel like teaching such people.

SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

I do my best to teach people in the games I'm in but without the In game voice working, it's not easy. 

Also, Hi. I am the Hobbes. I do tutorial videos. They are apparently helpful. 

Edited by SoldierHobbes11, 05 September 2015 - 10:22 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: developers, devs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users