New Servers in Iceland in a new Region - "Atlantic"

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

capnjosh

capnjosh

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts

During the QnA earlier today someone brought up hosting in Greenland as a possible means to let European and American players compete against each other on a [more] level playing field.  I had started looking into hosting in alternative locations kind of like that in recent weeks, so I thought I'd take another look.

After looking at this map and a few others, I focused on Iceland.  Ultimately I came across Advania, and since they were able to turn around something very quickly, I set up a host.

So, we now have servers in Iceland hosted with Advania using QStack.  I'm pretty excited, though I'm sure we'll have to figure out how CloudStack-driven servers really behave under the brutality you all will subject them to ;)

So the next time you log in to Hawken, look for the "Atlantic" region.  I'm hoping it could be a way for players in North America and Europe to be able to play on the same servers.  Check it out and let us know what your experience is.

What is this "different regions" thing of which I speak?  Here's a screenshot of where you can find it in Hawken:
B2AcH25.png

• DisorderlyMechanic, MomOw, Bergwein and 6 others like this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users