- - - - - game

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

1lb_4Effect

1lb_4Effect

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

This is out to the developers. How could I join your team to do game testing?

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

This is out to the developers. How could I join your team to do game testing?

Well, I'm not a dev, but if you are referring to hawken, we are already doing that, kinda, by playing the current beta.

if you are talking about in general, I'd imagine that you would want to peruse http://www.reloadedinc.com/jobs.html

:smile:

Test dummy for science, Follower of Wheatons Law, usually hanging around #hawkenscrim and #spawn, occasional poster of YouTube videos and streaming.  Can also be found on twitter

cs5t805.png?2

devilmaycrytter

devilmaycrytter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Reloaded is looking for workers?

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

i looked into joining epic games once, they wasn't hiring

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

I must say...

I love the way people think making games is easy...

that you can just decide to become a game dev....

for one, most dev companies will only hire you if have spent YEARS mastering game engine programs and coding, 3d modeling software, rigging etc etc and have EXTENSIVE knowledge of multi platforms...

im not saying you DONT...

But it isnt a job you simply, get overnight... it takes YEARS of study and dedication

• Houruck, Auth0ritarian and Chickin like this

Puck Flinging-Nade Lobbing-Troll Tech

r4GY0PF.jpg

::eoc Pred::Eoc/HC Infil::Vulcanador::Hawkins Tech::EOC Raider::

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

"Nothing says Good morning Like a well placed Nade"

Arkhaun

Arkhaun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

that and they look at resumes just like any other job, gaming experience is only the customer side.

also they really look for 3-7yrs of experience in most offered positions these days since video games have been around about as long as the internet

basically just be prepared to not receive a reply unless you already made or have helped to make a game of similar appeal and acclaim.

dont go in thinking rpg maker exp preps you for what your JOB will be is my main point i guess

• DemitronPrime likes this

SORRY CAPS

170323-R9tPRfBFIQ79.jpg

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

I would probably just send in paperwork..

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

They do have a Linked-In presence.  And a jobs page.

Having a degree in development (BSCS, BSEE) will help.  Coming off an internship with a development house will help.

Me, there's no way I want to be a developer in a game development house.  Program Manager/Producer, sure; at least then the stress gets you something.  Testers probably make buttkiss, developers not much more.  If you do it, do it with a goal of something more, this is not the end-all, be-all of work satisfaction, I'm pretty sure.

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

They do have a Linked-In presence. And a jobs page.

Having a degree in development (BSCS, BSEE) will help. Coming off an internship with a development house will help.

Me, there's no way I want to be a developer in a game development house. Program Manager/Producer, sure; at least then the stress gets you something. Testers probably make buttkiss, developers not much more. If you do it, do it with a goal of something more, this is not the end-all, be-all of work satisfaction, I'm pretty sure.

Play testing is NOT just playing the game and getting paid for it. You will spend hours testing little things, like "go to the garage, and change the name of a mech 100 times, and use this list of names. Now change internals, according to this list of 1000 combinations. Do this for all the mechs. Launch maps, go to wreckage, and walk around the entire map, using this route, and don't shoot. Now shoot all the walls. All 300 of them. In this order."

It's not playing the game. It's TESTING it. It's mind numbing, tedious work.

Think working on a production line in a factory, not playing vidya gaems and getting paid.
  • Auth0ritarian, Nov8tr, JackVandal and 2 others like this

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Play testing is NOT just playing the game and getting paid for it. You will spend hours testing little things, like "go to the garage, and change the name of a mech 100 times, and use this list of names. Now change internals, according to this list of 1000 combinations.

the cold hard truth.....

• Nov8tr and Shade__ like this

Puck Flinging-Nade Lobbing-Troll Tech

r4GY0PF.jpg

::eoc Pred::Eoc/HC Infil::Vulcanador::Hawkins Tech::EOC Raider::

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

"Nothing says Good morning Like a well placed Nade"

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Man, OP is going to have so much good information to review in the one post he ever made when he returns from his 8+ month hiatus.

• coldform, crockrocket, Aregon and 5 others like this

8) Tech in the streets, Brawler in the sheets (8

Shade__

Shade__

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

i would just like to point out how this is in "suggestions and ideas" when it's not a suggestion or an idea...

Edited by Shade__, 27 May 2016 - 04:16 PM.

,d88b.d88b,
`Y8888888Y'
`Y888Y' 
`Y

-Shade__

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Op had an idea, and he made a suggestion.

• DemitronPrime and DallasCreeper like this

8) Tech in the streets, Brawler in the sheets (8

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

^Yup.  "I have an idea - I'd like a job in video games."  "I suggest that Reloaded consider hiring me for their Hawken team."

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users