Photo

[EU] high latency to frankfurt (Staminus problem?)

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

FRX23

FRX23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Hi there,

I 'm curently experiencing a high latency on Frankfurt servers (no Amsterdam server open to me atm)

I'm in France (near Paris) and i use to have 30-50 ms latency but now it is about 180-200 :sick:

here comes a traceroute :

1443457762-trace-fra-gamersfirst.jpg

My ISP is Free SAS (iliad telecom).

Thanks in advance

Edit: Apparently the Staminus (Anti DDOS) router is the problem.

Edited by FRX23, 28 September 2015 - 08:57 AM.

• oyoy and The_Silencer like this

FRX23

FRX23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Ok, now it looks like my ISP send me to US then back to EU

1443461636-trace-fra-gamersfirst-2.jpg

Fortunately i can use a VPN to temporaly bypass this issue.

capnjosh

capnjosh

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts

We've been looking at this, just to confirm we're aware.  That latest route is crazy - sending you through Ashburn and then back to Frankfurt.

• FRX23, Guns_N_Rozer, Meraple and 4 others like this

FRX23

FRX23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

We've been looking at this, just to confirm we're aware.  That latest route is crazy - sending you through Ashburn and then back to Frankfurt.

Thanks Capnjosh

I hope not so many peoples have this issue, i figured how to solve it myself but i guess not so many can do the same.

Cheers,

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Yep. Lately I've been getting double the ping on EU. But I've noticed if I rejoin the server, the ping gets back to normal. Weird stuff.

capnjosh

capnjosh

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts

FRX23, we actually talked with Hurricane Electric ("HE" in your latest traceroute).  For whatever reason Proxad is definitely sending traffic through New York/Ashburn.

I've just started the process of shifting more servers to Amsterdam now, especially TDM servers.

• FRX23, Shoutaxeror and The_Silencer like this

capnjosh

capnjosh

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts

Yep. Lately I've been getting double the ping on EU. But I've noticed if I rejoin the server, the ping gets back to normal. Weird stuff.

Do you happen to know if your route changes when you reconnect - in those cases where you see really high ping then a lower ping after reconnecting?

• FRX23 and The_Silencer like this

capnjosh

capnjosh

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts

I'm also interested to hear if you guys have seen any improvements with account syncing times.  Especially if you have had a lot of cases where it takes minutes in the past, does it still do that now?  Late last week we added in latency-based DNS and some additional Storm servers - this should have the biggest impact on any problems that could be server-side.

• The_Silencer likes this

FRX23

FRX23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

I'm also interested to hear if you guys have seen any improvements with account syncing times.  Especially if you have had a lot of cases where it takes minutes in the past, does it still do that now?  Late last week we added in latency-based DNS and some additional Storm servers - this should have the biggest impact on any problems that could be server-side.

Syncing times are OK for me ATM

FRX23, we actually talked with Hurricane Electric ("HE" in your latest traceroute).  For whatever reason Proxad is definitely sending traffic through New York/Ashburn.

I've just started the process of shifting more servers to Amsterdam now, especially TDM servers.

Thanks for that :)

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Do you happen to know if your route changes when you reconnect - in those cases where you see really high ping then a lower ping after reconnecting?

Unfortunately, no. I am a real dummy when it comes to this kind of stuff.

I'm also interested to hear if you guys have seen any improvements with account syncing times.

For me, they have gone significantly up since recently.

• Meraple likes this

FRX23

FRX23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Just testing the connexion without playing

and the problem seems to be fixed

Thanks for the support :)

1443477045-trace-fra-gamersfirst-3.jpg

• The_Silencer likes this

kvazarsky

kvazarsky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

My syncing is up to 5-10 seconds max. It's still a bit anoying, because it has to be done after every match, and I can't touch menu/garage/game browser before it's complete. If You only could do it in the background, it would be a lot better experience.

edit.

@Topic - weekend on Frankfurt servers was a bit wild - crazy pings, desync, hit-scan weapons not registering shots. The worst for me was "frankfurt-dm-1007".

Edited by kvazarsky, 28 September 2015 - 02:57 PM.

Sorroritas

Sorroritas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

I'm also interested to hear if you guys have seen any improvements with account syncing times.  Especially if you have had a lot of cases where it takes minutes in the past, does it still do that now?

Mine went from 40-50 seconds down to 5-10 seconds, so I'd say it's way better now.

Also occasionally my ping on frankfurt servers goes up to double my normal ping and just today it went down to 8ms from normal 30-40ms. That lasted until I started downloading something in the background :sweat:

Treat them with honour, my Brothers.

Not because they will bring us victory this day,

but because their fate will one day be ours.

Shoutaxeror

Shoutaxeror

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Is there any french player who has decent performances on Frankfurt ? 'cause I know none.

KkaQ7HY.png

SaYxVQp.pngWgWPdMp.png

KDR Veteran | PrT Participant

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Is there any french player who has decent performances on Frankfurt ? 'cause I know none.

Yesterday came across a French guy who had 300+ ms. Jesus.

Edited by DerMax, 29 September 2015 - 03:06 AM.

Guns_N_Rozer

Guns_N_Rozer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts

my ping was in EU server around 52-220 from Italy

spr1nterJam

spr1nterJam

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

confirm, problems on both EU server

MakumazaN

MakumazaN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posting from Ukraine here. Having a 250-300 ping on EU and nearly 150 on US. It is for frankfurt servers. As I remember yeasterday on an amst. serv it was pretty ok. didnt play on it today...Should I do some research with ping and post it here? If so - what exectle should I do...

Sync time is also increased last days.

MakumazaN

MakumazaN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Fixed, for me at least. 60-70 ping. no lags. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users