- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Urban_Sword

Urban_Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Recently just happened. I have my regular ping then all of a sudden BANG 980 ping for 3 seconds then back to normal again.

When I'm playing ill be shooting at someone and they wont take damage in any way then they will teleport and I die :C. 

Things i have done to try and fix this:

1. Played hawken on another computer and it runs fine no lag what so ever.

2. reinstalled hawken.

3. ping and speed test all fine.

4. restarted laptop and steam.

5. restarted modem.

6. checked fire wall settings

not sure if latency issues with the server or my laptop or packet loss i have no idea. 

Anyone got any ideas on what the hell is going on? 

System64

System64

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Yeah, this is possible in any game when your ISP takes a  ?hit or if the servers take a ?hit, sometimes I've gone above 1000 @_@

Edited by ??ß?Ø؃??, 25 October 2015 - 04:49 AM.

d9133aa6ec.jpg

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Yeah, this is possible in any game when your ISP takes a ?hit or if the servers take a ?hit, sometimes I've gone above 1000 @_@

HAWKEN can't actually show above 988 ping which is... Strange.
  • Shoutaxeror, System64 and kaiserschmarrn_ like this

Spoiler

Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Recently just happened. I have my regular ping then all of a sudden BANG 980 ping for 3 seconds then back to normal again.

When I'm playing ill be shooting at someone and they wont take damage in any way then they will teleport and I die :C. 

Things i have done to try and fix this:

1. Played hawken on another computer and it runs fine no lag what so ever.

2. reinstalled hawken.

3. ping and speed test all fine.

4. restarted laptop and steam.

5. restarted modem.

6. checked fire wall settings

not sure if latency issues with the server or my laptop or packet loss i have no idea. 

Anyone got any ideas on what the hell is going on? 

I think it's an issue on your end. I've had stuff like this far before you did but I just dealt with it and ignored it. It may be because other people are using the internet which is the main cause for me. If that's not the case, then blame Australia's internet - because IT IS Australia's internet.

I hope you are not using this as an excuse for me wrecking you. :P

Urban_Sword

Urban_Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I was the only person current on the WiFi at,the time. No download were occurring at all. and it seems to only occur in hawken

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

wifi?

You need to run a ping test while playing. I am a computer tech and regularly do wireless environment surveys.

Your wifi is not the only wifi to worry about. If your neighbour has a conflicting wifi it will drop your packets hard.

If 2.4Ghz there are only 3 non-overlapping* channels (1, 6 & 11). If you consider the other ones valid channels then you don't understand wifi. You should be using 5Ghz if you expect to have workable wifi.

It is a shared medium and all devices must listen for airwaves to be clear and allow others to use the band. This is bad if your neighbour on the same channel downloads or streams. You'll get feck all transmit time but you can't see their traffic. Worse if your neighbour is on a different but overlapping channel as they will have the equivalent of a screaming match against eachother, corrupting both transmissions. The check for clear air only applies to your channel without accounting for overlap.

If you are in a polluted wifi environment then definitely test by switching to a lan cable. Please don't leave the game until you can confirm it has the same problem while not using wifi.

I luckily have good wifi. ok, overkill wifi. Most people have fuzzy bunny wifi and don't see why.

If you want I can get you some wifi inspection software to run.

Cheers,

6ixxer

Edited by 6ixxer, 26 October 2015 - 06:47 PM.

• Lioot likes this

Urban_Sword

Urban_Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I have run several ping teat both outside of game and inside of game. States 0 % packet loss. And I have discovered the issue already. When I play My WiFi drops out causing me to lose temporary loss to the internet. It seems that um just not close enough to my modem in my house. All these issues because I'm not close enough to my modem!!

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

packets don't need to be lost, but their response time can climb by hundreds of ms and cause your latency.

running pingtest on another screen means you can see in realtime when your game lag and wifi latency are linked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users