Photo

How to improve ground combat? ( no fly , no jump, just dodge)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

TAZ_

TAZ_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
Hello all,

I'm Taz from Asia server.
Nice to meet you.

Currently i'm using heat scout and heat infiltrator.
I'm using Air compressor as my internal, to help my aerial combat.
But honestly i want to improve my ground combat also.

It's hard for me to directly hit using heat cannon , that's why i always shoot to enemy feet / ground.

Since heat cannon have good burst damage, i'm very rely on higher ground to beat enemy..
But if i'm on the same height area, i always fly to get higher position. And it makes me as target duck for their teammates.

Could you give me your tips , so i can get better on ground combat ( no fly or jump , just dodge)

(08:35:47 PM) Ashfire908: auth taz_ blacklist
(08:35:48 PM) ScrimBot: 'taz_' has been added to the 'blacklist' group.

americanbrit14

americanbrit14

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

walls and cover become your very best friend when you decide to go ground, and if your using the heat cannon, be aware of walls or roofs you can hit that are near your opponent in order to get that AoE damage, you could also stay very close to your opponent and dodge under and around them when you have the chance. that's my best advice.

VfuS0qE.png?1

contracted by 

??

INDUSTRY

OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

the only answer is to put time into the game and work on your aim

• coldform and kaiserschmarrn_ like this

We Can Dance If We Want To     

OTWsig2.jpg

ES3lMRu.png?1

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

the trick to air combat is to not linger there, you are slower than the rocketeer in the air, the trick is to make use of small hops and dodges, not constant flying,

if you're going to be dodging around your opponent in a circle, try to stay ahead of their aim by walking in the direction around them, then turning sharply to dodge further behind them, if they manage to catch up, dodge the opposite direction,

if your going to be trying to dance with them, the trick is to use counter movements, don't consistently dodge left, mix it up, try and hop behind them, as they turn, dodge back in front, if they try and fly, boost under them, and 180 shoot them in the back. you can also use your boost to dance as well when dodge is on cool down, 

And something to work on in all cases is to count for the secondary cool down, for a tow count to 3 in your head, most will fire it the second its on cool down, so with a 1 second dodge, you should be able to dodge every tow if they fire it right off the bat with some timing, even if they don't fire it right away, it is still good to know its ready to fire.

with your explosive weapons, Heat and Tow/GL, you can use any space(less than 2 dodge lengths) your opponent tries to make to hit them without self damage, then get back in close to try and keep the upper hand,

• minefake likes this

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

devotion

devotion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

tracing, positioning, dodging projectiles: play vulcan

movement, burst, turn cap: play raider

• crockrocket likes this

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Try to use EOC against newbies. You learn to know where your opponent is moving before they actually know themselves. 

Especially with Infiltrator, you can do quite alot of fun moves to 'control' your enemy. While this isn't quite effective (you will most likely score just 5 kills a match, very slow fights), it is the most efficient one as you will probably never die (if done right). Avoid every teamfight and if you do, take out the weak targets, A-classes, low-health mechs, unskilled players ... basically easy prey.

Not recommended in higher tier matches, but it teaches you how to use Heat, but especially EOC.

Sidenote: EOC mine dmg sucks, always go for direct hit or in some cases terrain control. 

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Not that I am an expert but here is what I believe is key, from what I have heard of others.

• Aim. If you can hit your opponent more than he can you, you will get an advantage.
  • Don`t boost around corners. Walk and if an enemy, dodge back.
  • Don`t boost, dodge. What you can do boosting you can do 100% better dodging.
  • Use your advantages. Health, speed, abilities whatever, just use them.
  • Be aggressive, but not suicidal.
  • Try not to create patterns. If you dodge a lot to the right, mix it with some to the left. Same with cover, don`t always go for the one you know the best.

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero
v9KKbH9.png
Spoiler

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

Look at the oponent's Mech torso to determine where he is looking. Use that information of avoid his crosshair.

• Meraple and Bergwein like this

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

n3onfx

n3onfx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
If you want to improve your dancing skills start by removing AC, that way you'll be forced to. It will be jarring at first but you get used to it.

Try to look at the angle they are facing, it will help you know where to got to throw their aim off. Raider and flak scout are good mechs to learn CQC dancing. You'll see that agressive dodging can work well in Raider for example, when you dodge to evade a secondary do so at an angle that will bring you closer to them. If you are at a health advantage dodging back into them when they dodge themselves is pretty brutal, even really good players can start making mistakes. Faceplanting people works in the correct situation.

Get used to bursting between dodges and boosting, never stop moving unless you are out of their vision and you can juke them into over reacting. Walking and holding on a dodge I perfectly fine.

For Raider and Scout in particular you shouldn't be tracking them all the time in CQC, your sound cues, radar and peripheral vision is here for that. Your cockpit movement (mouse aim) is better used to prepare the angle of your next movement and set up a burst shot.

You can do tricks with that like boosting to go past them and then dodging "backwards" to break their turncap rate when they try to anticipate.

Edited by neon, 26 October 2015 - 06:20 AM.

• Luaq likes this

t

t

DWEH3ZP.png   CRITICAL  RqKpxHn.png    ASSIST   VDNrFxD.png

t

t

Shoutaxeror

Shoutaxeror

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Play some C class and work on your positionning then yeah work on that dances

• Luaq likes this

KkaQ7HY.png

SaYxVQp.pngWgWPdMp.png

KDR Veteran | PrT Participant

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

GreyFa1con

GreyFa1con

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
Scout, mini flak, 2x shield, 2x repair charge, adv regen, adv armor fusor
  • Luaq likes this

TRIBES: Developed a server mod with 40 servers, 20 clans, and competitive league play.

PLANETSIDE: Got about 30 suggested changes implemented, and 40,000 game downloads via a 1Mb mini-installer I developed.

http://hawken.heroku...user/GreyFa1con

TAZ_

TAZ_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
To All =

thanks for your comment,
It helps me a lot,
Currently i already removed air comp. from my internal items.
And i have target to learn positioning first, my playing style is hit and run, and peek a boo attack, so predict shoot will be my 2nd priority to learn.

rafael_angel1

rafael_angel1

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
May try on The Infiltrator (free now) is the master of the hit-and-run tactic.
Activates a cloak that masks visibility and radar signature.
Approach enemies from the sides or rear while camouflaged, never from the front. If you walk into an enemy's line of fire, its HUD will highlight your invisible mech.

lo_spaghetto

lo_spaghetto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Look at the oponent's Mech torso to determine where he is looking. Use that information of avoid his crosshair.

This doesn't work too well for me. Sometimes when I am besides a mech I see their guns pointed forward, but then they are actually pointing at me and I get hit...  

Anyone know if there is some kind of lag in graphics when registering a turn?

Maybe I just don't have enough frames.

• Call_Me_Ishmael likes this

CitkI9t.jpg

xbIxKeE.png?1

TAZ_

TAZ_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

May try on The Infiltrator (free now) is the master of the hit-and-run tactic.
Activates a cloak that masks visibility and radar signature.
Approach enemies from the sides or rear while camouflaged, never from the front. If you walk into an enemy's line of fire, its HUD will highlight your invisible mech.

Yeahhh.. Especially after you've get EOC , combine with grenade and detonator..
BUMMM!!!

but infil have better air speed than scout, so scout user have to master ground combat more than infil..

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

This doesn't work too well for me. Sometimes when I am besides a mech I see their guns pointed forward, but then they are actually pointing at me and I get hit...  

my experience, too, at 123 fps always.

• lo_spaghetto likes this

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Sometimes when I am besides a mech I see their guns pointed forward, but then they are actually pointing at me and I get hit...

I've never seen it.
Probably something about the server and clients not syncing correctly.
Simple example; if you get the winning kill, your mech sometimes doesn't point to the same exact place you were looking at in first-person.

The syncing thing is just speculation though.

Edited by (KDR) Meraple, 17 November 2015 - 04:39 PM.

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts
L dodge, oblique dodge, breakaway dodge.

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

CoshCaust

CoshCaust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

L dodge, oblique dodge, breakaway dodge.

Can you point me to the source of these phrases?

7R33B34RD

7R33B34RD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

This has actually been extremely helpful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users