• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

...I've actually had it for awhile now, but I've been trying to fix it to no avail. It only appeared after I got Windows 10. I've already read that this doesn't seem to be happening to anyone else though. Anyways....

Behold:

Spoiler

I've tried validating the files, redownloading the game and updating my graphics drivers. None of them work. Of course it's not anything massively game-changing because the "red-lines" (as I've called them) only seem to appear in graphics-intensive environments like shadows and the entirety of Bazaar. But it's just so annoying that I'm getting fed up with it.

I don't suppose anyone would know how to fix my little-big-issue?

• CrimsonKaim likes this

FEF-FEFington

FEF-FEFington

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

It's a sp00ky Halloween prank by Micro$oft

But seriously, I did say that it was either a driver problem or your graphics card's just packing it in (Meaning new Laptop/Upgrading to a desktop)

• Miscellaneous likes this

76561198011099779.png

Formerly known as "HawkeyeJ"

Also Known As "The guy who played Hawken with a steering wheel"

YouTube | Steam

Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

It's a sp00ky Halloween prank by Micro$oft

But seriously, I did say that it was either a driver problem or your graphics card's just packing it in (Meaning new Laptop/Upgrading to a desktop)

But why wouldn't it affect my other games?

And why would this problem only come about when I upgrade to Windows 10?

Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Son, your graphics card is on some real bad weed ... The lines should be green ...

Funny you should say that, Elite. Because they are. On Bazaar.

• Shoutaxeror likes this

Sorroritas

Sorroritas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Don't worry, that's perfectly normal. After being exposed to Windows 10 it is slowly turning into a terminator.

So other games run just fine under Windows 10 and it only appears in Hawken under Windows 10?

Hawken under some other OS did run fine?

System specs/graphics card please?

Edit:

Since I don't know what graphics card you got I don't know if this will prove helpful, but I know someone having problems with NVIDIA and Windows 10, too.

He installed the NVIDIA Drivers v353.62 from 29th July and the problem went away. Make sure you use the WHQL certified one.

Edited by Sorroritas, 01 November 2015 - 03:20 AM.

Treat them with honour, my Brothers.

Not because they will bring us victory this day,

but because their fate will one day be ours.

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

iv also noticed sometimes the red lines in the shadows, though not nearly as intense as that,

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

The most up to date drivers are not always the best. Try an older version and see if anything changes.

Since you've already tied a fresh install it probably isn't a broken ini. You may very well have dying hardware.

• coldform and ticklemyiguana like this

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

MississippiFats

MississippiFats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

if laptop, motherboard (if under warranty, backup your OS externally before sending it in) or graphics adapter (buy a new one). if pc, likely gpu, or physical cabling/connection(s).

unplug it/reinsert it a few times, check your card power connection (if applicable), check your cables.

and while you're playing inside check all your other lines just for giggles, ram cards, etc.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

What Hyginos said. The kinks aren't worked out of W10 yet. You may just have to accept it until NVIDIA releases a better driver, but cycle through the limited number of drivers that they have released for Windows 10 and see if you can't find one that works better.

As to why this happened when you upgraded, I'm no IT professional, but basically your OS is kind of like the language that your hardware uses to communicate with its various parts, and the driver is like an interpreter for when Hawken wants to talk to your hardware. If you modify the language that your hardware is speaking, then Hawken's interpreter has to learn a few things, but not every game wants to say the same things to your hardware, so you don't get the same problems with every game.

For clarity's sake, an OS is not actually a language, like C++ or python or what have you. Just an allegory.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, 31 October 2015 - 12:08 PM.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

jjm1

jjm1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

ooh pretty.

If it happened on all graphics intensive games Id say it looks like graphics card heat death.

have you tried config tweaks like turning off ambient occlusion, dynamic shadows etc to pin point if one particular feature is contributing to the problem.

there is also the borderless window option in the graphics settings, toggling that to a different setting might force it to render the screen differently.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users