• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Badtings

Badtings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Trying to learn it and I'm having trouble w/unwrapping the model geometry for texturing. 

May your guns stay cool,

bt

8CyRDl7.gifGYM1W9I.png

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Exemplary shitpost. Good job.

• Miscellaneous, Meraple, Badtings and 1 other like this

OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Exemplary shitpost. Good job.

this is just a bit uncalled for fyi

• Badtings and HK-47D like this

We Can Dance If We Want To     

OTWsig2.jpg

ES3lMRu.png?1

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

this is just a bit uncalled for fyi

I'm not positive, but I sort of think he's kidding. Really really not positive, but like. Sort of.

If you're not, Der - bt makes stuff for the community all the time. Not only is this not an inappropriate place to ask those sorts of questions, but answering it has the potential to directly add to the community.

Uh. On topic - I have no information.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, 09 November 2015 - 01:30 PM.

• Badtings likes this

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

HHJFTRU

HHJFTRU

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

No C4D experience, sorry, but I've heard that there is a 3rd party tool called Ultimate Unwrap 3D that does the job well.

I fiddled with Autodesk Mudbox a bit, unwrapping is not a problem in it. If you are a student, you can get an academic licence for free.

3D Coat is also great for modeling/texturing. It has the best retopo that I've ever seen. And it doesn't cost a fortune.

Edit: I keep installing the newest versions of Blender from time to time with great hope, but only to discover that I still can't cope with the UI. Everything seems to be hidden somewhere and I have no time and nerves to figure things out.

Edited by someone, 09 November 2015 - 03:03 PM.

• Badtings likes this

Ceterum censeo ... bootcamp-servers!  &:

#rapidMMR4newaccounts      #removethedelay

#morespeed4EOC                 #lessspread4T-32

#buffG2R                               #nerfZerk'n'Assault

#dosomethingwithHF             #noisesupression4breacher

THANKS FOR THIS AWESOME GAME!

Sigil_

Sigil_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

I've used C4D some for school but haven't played around with unwrapping a model yet. If you're planning on making custom textures for the mechs, you can pull the originals out of HawkenGame.upk with Unreal Viewer, load them into Photoshop and paint over them.

I did this myself for kicks a few months back, made a white style Elite Vytro skin for the G2 Assault. I don't think I have it anymore though.

Edited by -vR.Sigil_, 09 November 2015 - 04:01 PM.

• Badtings likes this

No melee. No lasers.

Badtings

Badtings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Thx all. Will look into it. 

8CyRDl7.gifGYM1W9I.png

BradersVal

BradersVal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

try searching for a C4D UV mapping tutorial, there's a few on Youtube, but i don't know how useful they are, as i don't use C4d myself.

Also, it depends on what you're trying to unwrap. Pelt mapping is great for more organic models but can get confused with more complex geometry. Orthographic projection and manual UV shell creation is generally better for mechanical/hard-surface models.

There was a great Gnomon Character UV mapping tutorial floating around a few years back that was great for teaching the generic fundamentals if you can get your hands on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users