Photo

What about messing up an enemy tech healings?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Luaq

Luaq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

I thought it could be nice if you could jump in the ray of healing between an opponent tech healing it's comrade and that it would either interrupt/mess with the heals. I see numerous ways in how this could work but I wonder if the general idea seems nice?

It could either: -Heal the enemy while dividing the healing ratio by the number of mechs in the ray
                         (Ultimately this would also affect the heals if one or more teammates go into the heals)
                         (In vampire mode other opponents, like a c class, could jump in to cut the health stealing ratio)

-Completely stops healing his teammate and have to "lock on" his teammate again

-Damaging or heating the tech if the heals go to an enemy (incompatibility between technology)

Now if some things seem too drastic there's always a way to balance stuff...

Edited by Luaq, 10 November 2015 - 04:43 PM.

• Sokram and minefake like this

minefake

minefake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  1. That sounds pretty cool. I'd like to see that implemented..

HugeGuts

HugeGuts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Considering how fast this game's pacing is, and considering how difficult it can be to get that close to a Technician, unfortunately I think this idea will have a negligible difference in balancing the Technician.

I am in still in support of either:

Healing ray that is harder to pull off by giving the Helix an ammo count you can only fill by doing damage.

Healing that is a skill shot which heals more the further away you are from a teammate.

Replacing healing ray with some kind of damage reduction buff.

Edited by HugeGuts, 10 November 2015 - 06:16 PM.

maxajcd

maxajcd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Considering how fast this game's pacing is, and considering how difficult it can be to get that close to a Technician, unfortunately I think this idea will have a negligible difference in balancing the Technician.

I am in still in support of either:

Healing ray that is harder to pull off by giving the Helix an ammo count you can only fill by doing damage.

Healing that is a skill shot which heals more the further away you are from a teammate.

Replacing healing ray with some kind of damage reduction buff.

the tech should not have to be played as battle tech, maybe just reduce the lock on range

I do appreciate the art, but I don't have time to find anything good. /h/

HugeGuts

HugeGuts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

the tech should not have to be played as battle tech, maybe just reduce the lock on range

Reducing the lock on range would make the Technician unable to attack and heal at the same time. And most Technicians already focus on healing. This change wouldn't address the issue of a team with a Tech performing noticeably better than one without.

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

Sure, either getting in the way disrupts the heal beam or, and it's what I prefer, heals the enemy player standing in the beam.

I wouldn't suggest that the heal beam locks on to enemies, but if you're dumb enough to stand there and pump yellow healing goodness into your foe - so be it.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

Luaq

Luaq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Sure, either getting in the way disrupts the heal beam or, and it's what I prefer, heals the enemy player standing in the beam.

I wouldn't suggest that the heal beam locks on to enemies, but if you're dumb enough to stand there and pump yellow healing goodness into your foe - so be it.

Yeah sorry if that was unclear but I didn't imagine "stealing" as getting the locked on heals but more like a rock in a river stream changing the current a bit...

Spoiler

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

*insert pic of josh "im open to it"*

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

Yeah sorry if that was unclear but I didn't imagine "stealing" as getting the locked on heals but more like a rock in a river stream changing the current a bit...

All understood.  I was just taking it a slightly different direction.  I think the beam should require a direct line to the locked target and having anything disrupting that line would prevent the beam from connecting.

And the more I think about it, the more I love the idea of having the yellow beam heal whatever player it comes into contact with - friend or foe.  That would certainly work wonders towards offsetting some of the "OP" nature of the tech and provide a more realistic way to combat against it on the battlefield - forcing Tech players to be a bit more conscious about where and when they press that button.

The only possible abuse I see is if a player is actually a mole for the other team and goes around healing enemies on purpose.  And some kind of spoiler could be put in place that punishes the player once a pattern of healing enemies is identified.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

Luaq

Luaq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

All understood.  I was just taking it a slightly different direction.  I think the beam should require a direct line to the locked target and having anything disrupting that line would prevent the beam from connecting.

And the more I think about it, the more I love the idea of having the yellow beam heal whatever player it comes into contact with - friend or foe.  That would certainly work wonders towards offsetting some of the "OP" nature of the tech and provide a more realistic way to combat against it on the battlefield - forcing Tech players to be a bit more conscious about where and when they press that button.

The only possible abuse I see is if a player is actually a mole for the other team and goes around healing enemies on purpose.  And some kind of spoiler could be put in place that punishes the player once a pattern of healing enemies is identified.

Instead of just yellow I'd be more inclined for a nicer effect like light intensity flickering and the beam physically acting a bit strange... like a rock in the flow :P (I'm stuck with that image in my head haha )

Sokram

Sokram

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

I think that passing through healing/damaging beam should just disable Helix for a moment (0.5 sec).    

No enemy healing plz. Because trolls.

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

You can get in the way of the tech and the mech its healing to disrupt the healz.  Then you kill the tech to go out in a blaze of glory.

• Luaq likes this

khn3gAi.jpg?1CitkI9t.jpgGkp2fB7.jpg

Come on Crafty, you have been officially called out on your lies. Your online reputation is at stake here, this is just like an old school street race running for pink slips. Its run what you brung and hope its enough. Put up or shut the fuzzy bunny up.

Luaq

Luaq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

You can get in the way of the tech and the mech its healing to disrupt the healz.  Then you kill the tech to go out in a blaze of glory.

Exactly haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users