- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

PlzBanMe

PlzBanMe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I have had general low fps for some time now. I noticed it when I wasn't able to aim right. 

Gtx 970 

8 gbs of ram

Intel quad core at 3.5 ghz no overclock

I have all my drivers up to date but the problem was there with older drivers too. I have tried setting everything to low to find which setting was causing it but the problem is still there.

PlzBanMe

PlzBanMe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

General low fps. I had a readon 5700 that got about the same fps as I do in this game. FPS should just be higher. I shouldn't be getting sub 30 on this game for any reason with the card I have. I haven't touched the navidia control panel.

Edited by PlzBanMe, 25 March 2015 - 08:58 PM.

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

I got a big improvement in fps after i changed the 3d settings in nvidia control panel to 'emphasize performance over quality' (it has a slider kind of thing that you can adjust) Also it has a bunch of other settings you can change but i'm not an expert in that so i just let them all in their defaults. Someone with better knowledge about this could probably improve it even further.

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

Saturnine

Saturnine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
My computer is almost identical to the specs you've provided and I don't have the fps problems you have, so it is certainly not the memory quirk that's causing you trouble. If you're using DSR to play at 4k you'd have bad fps, but maybe not quite that bad. It sounds like you have some other major problem holding you back, but as ss said there's some details we're missing here to understand what's going on.

Could be dying hard drive, malware, some other dying component, you running programs simultaneously with Hawken that are eating up performance...

3PGQhH7.gif

digitalhughes: @s9 you stinkn' weasel!

Don't know which mech to pilot? Check out my guide to the mechs!

Want to hang out with some awesome people, even the world-famous Loc_Tr? Come to the #hawkenscrim IRC!

PlzBanMe

PlzBanMe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I found the problem. GPU wasn't fully plugged in.

Edited by PlzBanMe, 28 March 2015 - 10:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users