Photo

[Suggestion] On purchased animated mech taunts..

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Would be cool the possibility of exchanging animated mech taunts in between mechs of the same class you purchased and own in your garage.

Obviously this would apply only if you have purchased more than one animation taunts for one same mech.

Example: You purchased 2 or more animation taunts for 1 mech. You purchased the same mech twice and have the default animation taunt only available for the duplicated mech. You get the idea.

The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice.

GreyFa1con

GreyFa1con

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Would be cool the possibility of exchanging animated mech taunts in between mechs of the same class you purchased and own in your garage.

Obviously this would apply only if you have purchased more than one animation taunts for one same mech.

Example: You purchased 2 or more animation taunts for 1 mech. You purchased the same mech twice and have the default animation taunt only available for the duplicated mech. You get the idea.

I agree.

I bought a taunt on my Raider, thought I could use it on my Assault.

No dice.

Heck, would be nice if this applied to chassis parts as well.

Might make me want to purchase more stuff if I could use it more.

TRIBES: Developed a server mod with 40 servers, 20 clans, and competitive league play.

PLANETSIDE: Got about 30 suggested changes implemented, and 40,000 game downloads via a 1Mb mini-installer I developed.

http://hawken.heroku...user/GreyFa1con

asipo

asipo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

but not good for business then

Join Hawken asia Facebook group : here

Mech idea : Marauder (B-class), Raptor (A-class)

GreyFa1con

GreyFa1con

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Depends.

If people aren't purchasing any taunts, but would purchase taunts if they were global by Mech class, then it makes perfect business sense.

And the devs already mentioned cosmetics currently don't pull in as much revenue as Mechs.

Heck, I'd say give people 72 MC just for starters, just to get them familiar with purchasing stuff with MC.
(Also because that's the purchase price of the most inexpensive paint jobs)

TRIBES: Developed a server mod with 40 servers, 20 clans, and competitive league play.

PLANETSIDE: Got about 30 suggested changes implemented, and 40,000 game downloads via a 1Mb mini-installer I developed.

http://hawken.heroku...user/GreyFa1con

maxajcd

maxajcd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

as long as there are enough that they dont buy all of them, then business will be fine, there are also some unreleased taunts in the files like a pissing mech

I do appreciate the art, but I don't have time to find anything good. /h/

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

It would definitely be good for business.  Way, way back in the day, I purchased a chassis, arms, legs, etc. on one of my Assaults... then got so ticked off when I couldn't use it on other mechs of the same class that I never bought a single thing again.  THAT is bad for business.

• Pleasure_Mortar and The_Silencer like this

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

americanbrit14

americanbrit14

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

as long as there are enough that they dont buy all of them, then business will be fine, there are also some unreleased taunts in the files like a pissing mech

and the air-hump, can't forget the air-hump.

• The_Silencer likes this

VfuS0qE.png?1

contracted by 

??

INDUSTRY

leova

leova

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Agreed, buying something that is PURELY cosmetic like that, and not actually mech-integrated like attachments of actual parts are, it should definitely be able to be used on any Mech.

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

I didn't explain myself better enough, guys.

The original idea was about exchanging animation taunts in between duplicates or variants of a (same) mech you may have in your garage.

This way, I honestly think that such a new possibility would not cause any negative impact -even in the slightly- to the biz model of the game.

After all, you purchased those couple or more mech animation taunts already. Once said that -and digging a bit more into this suggestion- every animation taunt you have equipped in your mechs would work only for 1 mech. So at the end nothings changes (too) much. It's just a matter of adding some more of flexibility at customizing your mechs.

This reasoning sounds like pretty fair to me. ;)

Edit: And it probably might incentivate (related) purchases too.

Edited by The_Silencer, 20 November 2015 - 09:32 AM.

The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice.

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

Oh, I got what you were saying... but I'm still really ticked that A: they only work on the single mech which was active while they were purchased and B: that there was no real, clear information or warning given that I was spending my real-world money on something that was going to have such a very limited usage.

As much as some of that stuff actually costs, I seriously expect it to be more useful.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

The fact is that many players will purchase -or have already purchased- several duplicates of the mech/s they do like to pilot in the game.

That does not necessarily mean that only experienced pilots will do that. For instance, there're players who like piloting one Mech Class the most in the game and are purchasing the same mech in order to enjoy of distinct platform configurations (ie. air and/or land based versions.. from a maneuverability stand point to mention some). The good thing is that there're so many options in the game right now when we talk about strategies, tactics, customizations and so forth.

Actually, cammos, repair drones, thrusters, Etc. are universal once you purchase 'em. An intermediate approach as the one I do suggest in here might be of help too. Not only to the customization flexibility factor but to the very actual gaming biz model. This might be evaluated and extended to other kind of mech parts as well. Just an idea though. ;)

Edit: Animation mech taunts are cool, yesh they are. =)

Edited by The_Silencer, 20 November 2015 - 12:34 PM.

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Oh, I got what you were saying... but I'm still really ticked that A: they only work on the single mech which was active while they were purchased and B: that there was no real, clear information or warning given that I was spending my real-world money on something that was going to have such a very limited usage.

As much as some of that stuff actually costs, I seriously expect it to be more useful.

Hold on..you purchased stuff which expired somehow so you do not have it available anymore?

Could you clarify, please?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users